Where to get the best training?

PADA

Just starting out in the business and looking for the best place to get training on-line and good companies...best programs etc.

Thanks for the PM Rob but I don't have enough posts yet to respond to your PM...out of the two links you sent me which do you prefer? If you could PM me and let me know I would appreciate it. I am just starting out and don't have a lot of capital to initially invest.

Paula

Holy Toledo! Loaded questions. Understandable. Without knowing what you're interested in (Aflac vs. final expense, individual health vs. long-term care), practically impossible to address.

Generally, though, it is best to plan on spending a few (make that many) hours going through forum posts. You'll find tons of information and opinions on companies, products, lines, etc. Happy reading!

AIG has videos called brain sharks on their website that are little tutorials on their products that you can watch at your own pace. As for live training I would hook up with a good GA, one that can offer many different options...

Thanks for the PM Rob but I don't have enough posts yet to respond to your PM...out of the two links you sent me which do you prefer? If you could PM me and let me know I would appreciate it. I am just starting out and don't have a lot of capital to initially invest.

Paula

lol.

Rob, did you recommend john's assn or interstate trucker's sales training?

First, what are you going to sell.

Then, read that forum in and out.

Carriers should provide some direction.

Buy some books on the subject. Usually local book stores will have something about them.

Get some industry magazines. Most are free.

I work the senior market, so I have the Medicare and You Book, Senior Market Advisor Mag, Agents Sales Journal (free publication), I post questions, read a lot here, and google Medicare to keep track of trends, etc.

Hi PADA,

I agree with Midwestbroker that to find out what sort of training benefits you most, you need to identify what products you want to offer, what type of market you plan to go in, what kind of apporach you want to adopt and what kind of skills you want to master.

If you are in life insurance business, I have a collection of sales ideas you can use to manage different sales situations. To find out more, you can visit my website as shown in my profile.

Best regards and cheers

Back