Why Do Agents and Advisors Become Industry Speakers?

Some also do it for personal Ego, you can't rationalize that in financial terms. Since I get so many promotions saying the speaker has spoken at MDRT, if you want to sell something to financial advisors, one way is to speak at MDRT and have this printed on your promotion materials.

Reminds me of the old, but very true joke.

There is a sucker at every poker table. If you can't spot him, then the sucker is you.

No one is speaking 20 times a year for ego, not even Trump. They are making money or at least think they will in some fashion. Just make sure to count all your fingers after shaking hands.

thesecretdemotivator.jpeg

consultingdemotivator_grande.jpeg

Don't get me wrong. I've learned a LOT from many of these speakers!

In fact, I forgot that John Savage did custom training for the industry for $10,000 a head back in the 80's. He'd book 50 agents at a time. ($500,000 to train 50 agents in the 80's... he made bank!) I think he called it Citadel Learning or something like that. So yeah, he made money in training and used his speaking engagements to promote it and his own image. Oh, and I'm quite certain that those who attended got more than their money's worth for attending.

----------

Probably quite similar to Strategic Coach and Dan Sullivan - they offer coaching & training services at a high level, but do a bunch of writing and presenting to promote these high dollar services.

I'm always wondering where the high dollars are from some of these people. Some are far more obvious - such as Strategic Coach and even Ed Slott's Elite IRA Advisor program. Others... I still don't know what "the catch" is - or they're building up a profile until they finalize their offering.

Back