Why New Agents Fail?

This is what scares me. I've done sales all my life but they have been either "walk in's" when I was at the bank or phone sales.

While I feel confident that I can learn the products inside and out...I'm not sure if I can cold call and door knock. It's not my area of expertise.

Advice there is always welcome.

Well, if you're comfortable with and have been successful doing phone sales....just keep doing phone sales. Lots of independent agents do strictly phone sales...more Med Supp than FE.

Few guys can last at Fe grinding yr in and yr out selling only Like Jd. Most successful agents morph into recruiting as the grind of selling every single day gets old.Its a tough tough business to mentally sell and grind day in day out.

I don't know about few. FEX alone had over 50 agents write in excess of $100K last year and none of them have downlines. All personal production.

And that's just one IMO.

What was old you? What's new improved you?

He kept changing his focus in the past but the new improved Trainwreck keeps changing his focus. Oh wait....that's probably not an improvement.

The reason many agents fail is that they can't pick a product they both like and believe in. As an example, I'm terrific at explaining Medicare, supplements and advantage plans. I don't sell, I educate.

However, I hate FE. I don't want to deal with people that generally weren't responsible enough to have insurance when they were young and could qualify for a better product. Plus $10K isn't what helps the family when grandma dies. It's planning a funeral herself so the grieving family doesn't have to do it.

Rick

The reason many agents fail is that they can't pick a product they both like and believe in. As an example, I'm terrific at explaining Medicare, supplements and advantage plans. I don't sell, I educate.

However, I hate FE. I don't want to deal with people that generally weren't responsible enough to have insurance when they were young and could qualify for a better product. Plus $10K isn't what helps the family when grandma dies. It's planning a funeral herself so the grieving family doesn't have to do it.

Rick

Thanks Rick. I'm thinking I would enjoy dealing more with supplements buyers than FE buyers. I like how you say educating vs. selling. Seems like better plan than trying to get customer to hold the pen while I move the paper to get their signature. How much work/why do advantage? I'm looking for reasons to not do advantage.

Thanks Rick. I'm thinking I would enjoy dealing more with supplements buyers than FE buyers. I like how you say educating vs. selling. Seems like better plan than trying to get customer to hold the pen while I move the paper to get their signature. How much work/why do advantage? I'm looking for reasons to not do advantage.

If that is what you think selling is... then you've failed before you've started. I don't care what you're selling.

Anyone who thinks they could succeed doing junk like that... will have their business lapsed, replaced, cancelled, etc. very quickly.

In your mind "Selling" = "Scamming". You need to know the value you can provide before even starting in this business. That'll take some studying.

If you can figure out how you can HELP people, and keep your focus on THAT (rather than "scamming" them)... you'll have a far better perspective to succeed.
ProducersWeb - My Practice - The true story of a million-dollar producer

https://sandyschussel.com/service-not-standings/

If that is what you think selling is... then you've failed before you've started. I don't care what you're selling.

Anyone who thinks they could succeed doing junk like that... will have their business lapsed, replaced, cancelled, etc. very quickly.

In your mind "Selling" = "Scamming". You need to know the value you can provide before even starting in this business. That'll take some studying.

If you can figure out how you can HELP people, and keep your focus on THAT (rather than "scamming" them)... you'll have a far better perspective to succeed.

Seems like better plan than trying to get customer to hold the pen while I move the paper to get their signature. = humor

Insurance agents job is very simple. Call people See People. You can spend all the time and money you want with leads, learn all the products and software, if you don't call and see people, you will fail. Now you were door to door, but your Call People process failed as others mentioned as you did not believe in what you are selling. Sounding confident is a big deal in sales, but actually truly believing in your product makes you genuine.

Many times agents don't know about his product and his benefits, he was only following his boss Oder. That's why they cannot convince his customers. do work in smart way.

Back