Will Google Caffeine Effect Your Website?

dmiller90

Guru
100+ Post Club
Illinois
Caffeine is the name given to Google's next algorithm update that is going live after the holidays It will be a Major Overhaul of the calculations that Google uses to rank web pages.

From all the information I have received and spoke with individuals that are close to the source, the following seem to be the biggest changes

Website speed: if you have a slow loading website, it probably will not achieve high rankings on Google. Dont just assume that your website loads fast, just because visually it does to you!!!!!

Its more important now than ever before to understand that some of these Webmasters are hurting your chances from the begginning, with their outdated way of building sites (CODE BULK) Sure they will tell you different, but you better get a good solid second opinion.

Have someone review the coding, if you dont know what to look for.

Broken links: if your website contains broken links, this will have a negative impact of the position of your web pages in Google. Atleast 75% of the sites I work on, have broken links

Bad neighborhoods: Linking to known spammers and getting a lot of links from known spammers. I see this a ton, the agent does not realize the damage they do, when they go out link building. Thinking they know what they are doing, They dont.

I know of one site on this forum, that is going to get Hammered!!!!

The negative impact of a bad neighborhood will be even worse with Google Caffeine

The over-all quality of your website
Google's new algorithm will take a closer look at the over-all quality of your website. It's not going to be enough to have one or two ranking factors in place.

You'll will need good optimized content, a good website design with a clear navigation, good inbound links, a low bounce rate, etc. The bounce rate will kill most Quote Sites I see, Trust me

Factors like the age of a website, its past history, authority etc. will still play a role in Google's new index. However, the effect of the different factors on your rankings will shift

Last edited:
Dave, in reading a lot of SEO blogs I'm hearing that not too far in the future there won't be anything called "SEO" since Google's algorithm will be so sophisticated it will automatically know which sites to display for any given search.

I also hear personalized searches are going to be more prominent meaning when "Bob" searches a term a site might be number 1 but when "Sue" searches the same term that same site might be back on page 2.

Any word on this?

The term SEO really is Dead, All this calculations with keyword densities, Keyword Meta Tags, and all this other crazy calculations are gone. Which is most of what you see offerered and displayed on the Net for SEO.

But optimizing your site will alway be alive, and I doubt that will ever change, First Google will always look at the Title of a Webpage to get an understanding of the Relevant Terms and proper internal linking to your other relevant pages, so Google understands your "Theme"

Second Google will not be able to write good unique content based on the "keyword Phrase Searched"

The search engines bots, will still need a good understanding of what your webpage is about, and the biggest factor, is it relevant to the "Keyword Phrase Searched" if its not, see ya.

See what most dont understand is this, Google has only one concern. Which website provides the most unique relevant content about the Keyword Phrase Searched. Which site provides complete information and education. The factors we mentioned above, will not provide the "Best Page"

Your example of the searches, is basically providing the User with the "Best Page" based on several factors, just like in the real-estate market, Location, location location, So when a person in Atlanta Georgia searches the term, "affordable health Insurance, that person will see local results that I would not see living in Illinois. Google is just getting smarter at providing the most relevant results.

Why is Google so Concerned about providing the best page? Because people will migrate to using google and only google, and know that the search results are the best, and then the Magic thing happens that is Googles Ultimate Goal!!

Clicking on Adword Campaigns.

90 Days ago I started a program to build some extra residual income, while I was building authority and links to my main site. www.Over65Insure.com

Yesterday, I recieved my first check in the mail for $1100.00. So even if I quit now, it will only grow bigger without any further work. each and every month, but trust me I am not stopping there.

Bottom Line: The Power of Google Adwords

Dave, in reading a lot of SEO blogs I'm hearing that not too far in the future there won't be anything called "SEO" since Google's algorithm will be so sophisticated it will automatically know which sites to display for any given search.

I also hear personalized searches are going to be more prominent meaning when "Bob" searches a term a site might be number 1 but when "Sue" searches the same term that same site might be back on page 2.

Any word on this?

Last edited:
I think what's going to be "dead" is doing basically anything to get a site to rank when it shouldn't rank. I think "trickery" will all but be dead in the future.

The good news seems to be if your site "should" rank then it will and from what I'm reading, arguably with LESS effort.

Meaning (again from what I'm reading) give people what they want and your site will do fine. That doesn't mean you shouldn't optimize it, obviously.

The problem I see is insurance agent think....well, as insurance agents NOT as consumers so their sites look like...well, they're designed by agents which is most cases is not attractive to the consumer.

I'm not exactly sure that SEO is dead quite yet, but we're headed in that direction. I think that agents should just stay focused on providing good, quality, updated content instead of worrying about all the ins and outs of SEO.

Sure, optimizing your site will always be important, but focusing on taking care of clients should be more important. After all, a satisfied, loyal client can do a greater job at marketing for you than any optimized website.

Just my two cents...

Back