Workman's Compensation Appointments

lhcins2011

Workman's Compensation Appointments and others.....

We are in independent agency that has been doing business for about 6 months.

We write primarily auto/home, mostly auto.

However, we would like to get direct appointments to write workman's compensation policies without having to go through a managing agency.

Do any of you recommend companies that we could apply for direct appointments in this market?

Thanks!!

We are an independent agency in business for about 6 months in southern California.

We primarily write auto/home, mostly auto.

We were solicited by BAIC (Business Alliance Insurance Co.- they are the actual insurer and not a managing agency) who are looking to give broker appointments to write BOP policies with 15% commission.

Do any of you recommend other insurance companies we could apply for direct appointments with for BOP policies as well?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of business are you going after? Pick a niche or two, find out what carriers are hungry for that type of risk and approach them for an appointment.

Thanks for the reply!

For now focused on probably restaurants and retail (small to medium sized businesses in our local area)

Is workman's compensation very niche oriented? (i.e. companies that offer it do not cover a variety of different areas?)

Are there carriers that are recommended in certain areas of workman's compensation?

Thanks again!

Contact First Comp. You should be able to get a contract and they are good with retail and restaurants.

In CA it is called Workers' Compensation Insurance or just Work Comp for short. Not trying to be a jerk but WC carriers will cringe if they hear the term used incorrectly. First Comp is a good recommendation. Travelers and Hartford have been solid as well. Zenith is another good option. I know you said you don't want an MGA but BTIS has a nice new WC rater and they are easy to work with.

Dear Bertolinoins,

lol, thanks I will watch my grammar. I am unfamiliar with the lingo in this area since it is new to me.

Thanks a bunch for your recommendations. I really appreciate it!

Back