Becoming an Independent Agent

AgentInsured

Hello,

I'm looking into becoming and independent agent. I came across this company called Empower Brokerage. They are out of Texas and seem to have the answers to what I'm looking for. My goal is to move from the 9-5 office and be able to work from home and with flexibility.

Anyone familiar with this company?

Any recommendations to a company I can look into?

Thanks a lot,

I am also looking for something similar. Just got license in GA L & H , will like to connect the companies looking for producers. Am open to a good opportunity to start with learning support.
Any recommendations will be appreciated.

Never heard of Empower Brokerage but their website looks like they want you to sign a blood oath to be part of their team. Based in TX makes me wonder how much local support you will get.

Doesn't appear that any of the principles hold a GA license.

There are 2 Bryan Scott's listed on the GA DOI site. Neither show an affiliation with Empower.

Working from home sounds great but very few people can start out in this business without close support.

Also, any venture involving Obamacare is a dead end street. Most of the carriers have already gone to $0 commission and the chance of writing ancillary business is slim.

If you are considering working in the group segment and looking to work with an agency with compliance resources and technologies contact me and lets chat. We have online enrollment and ACA reporting capabilities as well as various calculators (Pay or Play, Controlled Group, etc.) We also provide 125 Plan and ERISA Wrap documents for a fee.

Back