Health Insurance from Exchange Went Up

Ashleigh Baratta

Hi All,

I need advice.

Looking for health insurance that is reasonable in price.

The exchange plan that was purchased last year was from Humana was "done away with" in 2016, skyrocketing the out-of-pocket max and over doubling last years monthly premium. As it is the first day of open enrollment, i logged onto the exchange to compare prices, and was thoroughly upset from the lack of options for plans. Nothing was looking even semi-decent. 75% of the plans were insurance which were contracted with the state of GA, which has below 1 stars from reviewers. There were some Anthem (BCBS) plans, but either pricey or high-deductible and one Humana plan option.

I feel like i have two options either, suck it up and purchase a health plan that i am unhappy with or purchase a very expensive private plan. The issue is, i seem to be having difficulty comparing different private insurance plans.

What are your thoughts? Looking for assistance in this area.

thanks!

Ashleigh

Hi All,

I need advice.

Looking for health insurance that is reasonable in price.

The exchange plan that was purchased last year was from Humana was "done away with" in 2016, skyrocketing the out-of-pocket max and over doubling last years monthly premium. As it is the first day of open enrollment, i logged onto the exchange to compare prices, and was thoroughly upset from the lack of options for plans. Nothing was looking even semi-decent. 75% of the plans were insurance which were contracted with the state of GA, which has below 1 stars from reviewers. There were some Anthem (BCBS) plans, but either pricey or high-deductible and one Humana plan option.

I feel like i have two options either, suck it up and purchase a health plan that i am unhappy with or purchase a very expensive private plan. The issue is, i seem to be having difficulty comparing different private insurance plans.

What are your thoughts? Looking for assistance in this area.

thanks!

Ashleigh

Ashleigh,

Call me 404-250-4810 ext 101 and I will help you. I am an independent agent and marketplace certified and will help you navigate through your options.

Thanks,
Todd Oxley

Back