Getting Appointed with Colonial Life

Norwayguy

I have spent way too much time here.
5000 Post Club
Norway, ME
Any one have a contact number to get appointed as a broker with colonial life. I would like to add them to the mix of what I have available but have been getting no place. I've called and left voicemails, I've emailed, and the only response I had was an automated response about working for a company offering there benefits ie a consumer directed email.

B Ray how are you liking Colonial?
I think Colonial is ok, in my area Colonial is a new office and has just a few agents , my problem is that I'm new to insurance and this office has NOBODY that can train me, I'm looking at other options. Not saying Colonial is bad,just not good for me right now.I have been there 10 weeks and have only seen just 1 presentation and that was from a lead of mine, all the other agents are doing nothing.

I find that Colonial is top-heavy with management, all of whom receive generous commissions from the labors of the field agents. The result is a commission schedule that is just too low for the amount of work and time it takes to earn it.

If you are in an area where the economy is "booming" than Colonial is may be great for you. But if you are in an area where things are not going so well the employers are going to say to you "Sorry, I don't want to talk about benefits because we are looking at letting people go." And when (if) you land a sale and you try to enroll, the guy or gal who had an extra $50 in their paycheck for a voluntary benefit (that is about the national Colonial average premium per worker) has had that "eaten up" by Exxon as well as their grocery store in the cost of beer and bread.

Coupled with a poor commish schedule and the bad economy in many places, selling worksite benefits is "challenging" now. And I found that with Colonial, even when it was "good" the pay-out was not worth the time/effort. I could make better money in health and life. True, Colonial does advance commish... but there was never enough of the pie for it to be something I would want to devote most of my time and energy towards. Of course, YMMV.

The Jackass

I know there has been some discussion regarding CL, that if your state office has an agreement with alliance this can cut down on some your prospecting time and effort. How ever I know that if you are enrolling a group that is a member of your alliance you do lose I believe 25% of your commissions up front.

I know there has been some discussion regarding CL, that if your state office has an agreement with alliance this can cut down on some your prospecting time and effort. How ever I know that if you are enrolling a group that is a member of your alliance you do lose I believe 25% of your commissions up front.
I believe it is 30 % and paid at the end of year, unless you have chargebacks.

Back