46 Years Old! New Career?

Yeah, he's going to go from selling "sports information" (TOUT SERVICE for sports bettors???) to making over 100K his first year selling all types of insurance. He made it clear he's a telemarketer so maybe Senior Life should contact him? Don't they have an awesome "over the phone" sales system?

I am 46 years old and have a family and lots of bills! I live in Colorado. I sold telemarketing in A niche sports market and am used to making a six figure income. My niche field is pretty much gone at this point and I am looking for a new career. I am not afraid to ask for the sale and close deals. My question, is it possible to make a six figure income in the first year in this business? Also if I get a license in Colorado, does anyone have any recommendations on a good place to start with excellent earning potential? Thanks! Tom ---------- Wanted to add that my former business was telemarketing and I am great at it.

I came real close my first year and hit it my second year selling personal lines P&C. However, I am in a high premium market.... Not sure if I would have had the same results in CO.

Salesman1
Lotta background static here
message me on PM and I'll give you a couple of ideas
that will be well worth pursuing. I know what I'm talking about.

Hi

It's never too late to start a new career. I know most people always look at how much money they can make and yes obviously that is important to feed a family.

However, more important is finding something you are passionate about and then having a burning desire to succeed. I am a firm believer that once that happens the money/income will follow.

Yes it is challenging to make a six figure income first year in this industry but it most definitely can happen. You increase that likelihood if you have the passion and burning desire. Plus you'll have more fun.

Hope this helps

I came real close my first year and hit it my second year selling personal lines P&C. However, I am in a high premium market.... Not sure if I would have had the same results in CO.
Please describe your success story of Breaking 100K Year 1 P&C .. What was the most profitable product you sold? (I'm in CA P&C) or shoot me a pm. What industry? I mean I just don't know how feasible getting straight commission year one earning close to 100K .. What's your commission structure ? Thanks for the info. Helps us all who use and value this resource.

Please describe your success story of Breaking 100K Year 1 P&C .. What was the most profitable product you sold? (I'm in CA P&C) or shoot me a pm. What industry? I mean I just don't know how feasible getting straight commission year one earning close to 100K .. What's your commission structure ? Thanks for the info. Helps us all who use and value this resource.

Well... I am too busy to write an essay.
The short answer is:
Started captive Liberty Mutual w/ 20k base. 11% 1st year commission, maxed out their bonuses.
I spent more on business cards that year than the other 10 sales reps combined. I also worked 60-70+ hours a week and only took 3 days off the entire year.

Started my own agency 2+ yrs ago.

Doing talk to text so I hope this makes since.

Well... I am too busy to write an essay. The short answer is: Started captive Liberty Mutual w/ 20k base. 11% 1st year commission, maxed out their bonuses. I spent more on business cards that year than the other 10 sales reps combined. I also worked 60-70+ hours a week and only took 3 days off the entire year. Started my own agency 2+ yrs ago. Doing talk to text so I hope this makes since.

Gotcha. I can see it with the situation. That's great man. Congrats. It is a numbers game.

Thank you for sharing. I appreciate it.

What was the time frame between year-1 and launching agency 2+years ago?

Back