50 Best Ways to Generate Leads

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia

by Daniel Williams

From talking to advisors, I often hear that “lead generation” is a talent they have, but one in which they could continue to develop. Well, worry no more. Through submissions by our readers and industry leaders, the SMA staff has compiled 50 lead generation tips that can help your practice take off in 2010. Good luck in mining this gold.
1. Strike up a conversation with a stranger. The old fashion way doesn’t get much respect or credit, even though it still works in this high tech world, but it’s as simple as paying attention to what they are paying attention to, and making a comment or asking a question about it. After all is said and done, people like to do business with friends.
-Anthony Bolden, Bolden & Associates, LLC
2. Build a base. Start with a focused goal of developing your personal brand and recognition: both of which will lead to prospects.
-Adrian Miller, Adrian Miller Sales Training

3. Advertise selectively. Your name and what you are offering will be heard or seen by thousands of individual prospects! Couple this with your involvement in community activities and you will develop immediate recognition. When you speak to people, it will be on a warm, friendly basis.
-Stefanos Loisou, Senior Financial Workshops
4. Advertise aggressively and often. Whether you are advertising through direct mail or e-mail, television or radio ads, the more exposure you have, the more leads you will generate. Be proactive once you generate leads and make sure to follow up to ensure you receive the maximum ROI on your advertising dollar.
-Brody Courtepatte, ALLPRO
5. Call every 90 days. Call every client and prospect at least once ervery three months. The call can be made by your assistant and will help you stay fresh in your client's mind.
-Bill Good, author of "Hot Prospects"
6. Door-to-door flyers. Implementing an idea taken from another industry; the door-to-door concept can be applied to financial services. Simply hire a company who specializes in door-to-door marketing or local college students to deliver flyers promoting your next event. Stay focused and happy selling.
-Matthew J. Neuman, Advisors Excel, LLC
7. Make it personal. Your message needs to touch them personally. It could be a hand-written note or perhaps a picture. Either way, remember: You cannot replace a contact you personally made with one you bought from a list.
-Shak Hill, Lantern Wealth Management
8. Partner with referrals. Telling referrals to call another professional doesn’t work well. So I changed the way I handle referrals. I first work with my centers of influence, building a relationship based on trust, and have them understand what I do and how I can help their clients and referrals. I suggest that they ask the individual for permission to have me place the call. So instead of telling the prospect to call me, they say, “I think Barbara Franklin is the person who can help you. We have worked together. May I have your permission to give her your phone number and have her get in touch with you?”
-Barbara Franklin, networking expert
9. Video Marketing is HOT. Videos boost retention by 50 percent over live presentations.
-Allyn Kramer, Kramer Direct
10. Give them something they want. Think about what your audience is looking for. If they want information, make it available; if they’re looking for a specific product make sure they know they can come to you to find it.
-Larry Chase, president of Chase Online Marketing Strategies

50 Best Ways to Generate Leads <--- TO read more of this, click on this link.

I enjoyed this and wanted to share it with all of you.

------------------------------------
Mark Rosenthal aka markingriffin
IMO/Ins Agent/Agent Trainer/Free Advice
[email protected] www.rosenthalfiles.com
Click Here to Join my Free Email Newsletter

Last edited:

by Daniel Williams

From talking to advisors, I often hear that “lead generation” is a talent they have, but one in which they could continue to develop. Well, worry no more. Through submissions by our readers and industry leaders, the SMA staff has compiled 50 lead generation tips that can help your practice take off in 2010. Good luck in mining this gold.
1. Strike up a conversation with a stranger. The old fashion way doesn’t get much respect or credit, even though it still works in this high tech world, but it’s as simple as paying attention to what they are paying attention to, and making a comment or asking a question about it. After all is said and done, people like to do business with friends.
2. Build a base. Start with a focused goal of developing your personal brand and recognition: both of which will lead to prospects.
-Adrian Miller, Adrian Miller Sales Training

3. Advertise selectively. Your name and what you are offering will be heard or seen by thousands of individual prospects! Couple this with your involvement in community activities and you will develop immediate recognition. When you speak to people, it will be on a warm, friendly basis.
-Stefanos Loisou, Senior Financial Workshops
4. Advertise aggressively and often. Whether you are advertising through direct mail or e-mail, television or radio ads, the more exposure you have, the more leads you will generate. Be proactive once you generate leads and make sure to follow up to ensure you receive the maximum ROI on your advertising dollar.
-Brody Courtepatte, ALLPRO
5. Call every 90 days. Call every client and prospect at least once ervery three months. The call can be made by your assistant and will help you stay fresh in your client's mind.
-Bill Good, author of "Hot Prospects"
6. Door-to-door flyers. Implementing an idea taken from another industry; the door-to-door concept can be applied to financial services. Simply hire a company who specializes in door-to-door marketing or local college students to deliver flyers promoting your next event. Stay focused and happy selling.
-Matthew J. Neuman, Advisors Excel, LLC
7. Make it personal. Your message needs to touch them personally. It could be a hand-written note or perhaps a picture. Either way, remember: You cannot replace a contact you personally made with one you bought from a list.
-Shak Hill, Lantern Wealth Management
8. Partner with referrals. Telling referrals to call another professional doesn’t work well. So I changed the way I handle referrals. I first work with my centers of influence, building a relationship based on trust, and have them understand what I do and how I can help their clients and referrals. I suggest that they ask the individual for permission to have me place the call. So instead of telling the prospect to call me, they say, “I think Barbara Franklin is the person who can help you. We have worked together. May I have your permission to give her your phone number and have her get in touch with you?”
-Barbara Franklin, networking expert
9. Video Marketing is HOT. Videos boost retention by 50 percent over live presentations.
-Allyn Kramer, Kramer Direct
10. Give them something they want. Think about what your audience is looking for. If they want information, make it available; if they’re looking for a specific product make sure they know they can come to you to find it.
-Larry Chase, president of Chase Online Marketing Strategies

50 Best Ways to Generate Leads <--- TO read more of this, click on this link.

I enjoyed this and wanted to share it with all of you.

This was a great article. I have read it and passed it on to another agent who also does investments. I love this magazine.

32. Stop cold calling. It’s a total waste of time. Your time. The prospect’s time. Research shows it takes 9-12 touches to reach a prospect with a cold call campaign, and you get voicemail 80 percent of the time. In addition, you convert less than 10 percent into clients. Why bother?
-Joanne S. Black, author of “No More Cold Calling”

What am I missing? These two seem to contradict each other. I couldn't agree more with #32, but my three new clients I gained this week might disagree with me being a total waste of their time!

Last edited:
What am I missing? These two seem to contradict each other. I couldn't agree more with #32, but my three new clients I gained this week might disagree with me being a total waste of their time!

There is a difference in cold calling (trying to sell something) and Striking up a conversation. I would say that the conversation is really about meeting new people and building relationships that you can work with latter.

In this month's edition of Life Insurance Selling magazine, one of the writers says that he walks up to people and ask, "Are you in the insurance business?" and of course they say NO, and he say's, "well I am", and it gets the people to laughing and is a great conversation starter.

Joanne doesn't have to cold call because she wrote a book.
:err:

There are many companies, sales teams and salespeople that effectively cold call, because they know what they're doing. I've done it and personally know people making a great living (in insurance and otherwise) by cold calling.

32. Stop cold calling. It’s a total waste of time. Your time. The prospect’s time. Research shows it takes 9-12 touches to reach a prospect with a cold call campaign, and you get voicemail 80 percent of the time. In addition, you convert less than 10 percent into clients. Why bother?
-Joanne S. Black, author of “No More Cold Calling”

Back