90%, 100%, 115% Contracts?

There are nuances depending on the company as to what is commissionable, but the general rule of thumb is that it's the percentage of annual premium that you will get as a commissioin. So if someone pays $3600 a year, you will get $3240 on a 90% contract and $3600 on a 100% contract.

That doesn't take in to account rolling targets, etc.

Take the Premium times the commission is that is what you earn.

If you are on advances. Just take the Premium times the commissions x 9 to get what they will pay you and then you will get month 10,11,12 as earn.

Take the Premium times the commission is that is what you earn.

If you are on advances. Just take the Premium times the commissions x 9 to get what they will pay you and then you will get month 10,11,12 as earn.

Not all companies do 9 month advances. Some do 6, some do 12 months, some do a percentage, such as 70%.

Premium times commissions is what you earn.

If you get advances times it by the number of months you are getting advanced.

Thanks for the responses.
How soon do you usually receive an advance after policy signing?
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a lot of agents don't accept advances because of charge backs or lapses, is that true?

Thanks for the responses.
How soon do you usually receive an advance after policy signing?
Maybe I'm wrong but it seems a lot of agents don't accept advances because of charge backs or lapses, is that true?

Actually, it is that a lot of companies don't offer advances because of charge backs due to lapses, etc.

Most companies will give you the advance on the next commission cycle after the policy is issued and first payment is received.

For instance, policy is issued and first payment received on Tuesday. Commission cycle ends Friday with EFT taking place on the following Wednesday. So you'd get paid about 8 days after policy is issued.

Just to throw it out there but if you are going to do it monthly, mark, you just told them they got 6x, 9x, 12x the commission.

Multiply by the number of months advanced and divide by 12. That'll give you the real number.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. The math is strong in this one...

Back