AD Banker - Book and Practice Test CD

Just curious if anyone here used the AD Banker book and cd to study for the Life and Health license exam?

I have finished the book, answered the questions in the back of each chapter and taken all of the practice tests for the individual chapters but just wanted some reassurance that this book is a good one before actually taking the test.

I didn't do a lot of research on what study materials were best before jumping into this venture but am excited about the new opportunity.

Thanks in advance!

I took the A.D. Banker course but I also paid for the 2 day classroom session. For me it was great since they went over, in great detail, not only how the test worked but a lot of information.

I also wore out the practice CD and didn't schedule the exam until I consistently got over 90% on the practice tests.

I used the ad banker program for my life AD&D and P&C tests. AD banker is great! Make sure you study the after chapter and comprehensive questions and use the cd tests. If you can do well with their study tests you should have no problem passing the state test. Good Luck!

I concur with what Stephi and John wrote. I started the CD on a Monday, and took the test the 2nd Friday after. No problems, passed on first try. the test was 3 hours here in Missouri and I finished it in just over 1.5.

Also, along with what John said, I made sure that I could do the separate final exam and the combined with a 90% average. My only fear was that I felt that I may be memorizing the tests and not retaining the information. Luckily for me, I retained enough to pass, unable to provide you my score since it was just pass/fail and you had to fail it to get a score.

Good Luck.

Very good program. I used the online study guide and practice tests. Passed the first time easily.

I took the five day course, plus the Saturday half day prep work.

The course is worth the money in that we covered the essential parts of each chapter that the California exam seems to focus on. The course gave me the mother of all headaches though as we covered the entire text in five days, the last chapter being the killer.

The CD is rather good, the only complaint I did have about it is that you're only renting the CD as there is an 80 day limit on usage.

Should I take the plunge for the series 6/63, or P&C, I'll go back to them without hesitation.

AD Banker is o.k. All of the study stuff I have used and I have been licensed twice and also have studied for the 7 & 66 which I haven't taken as yet is about the same especially on insurance. It is the gobbledy gook of securities compliance (63, 65, 66) where I have found big differences. To really prepared I study CD questions only. When I can score 90% I am ready to test. The only problem I ever had was on the 63. Too many questions not on my CD. I scored 73 but that was passing. Don't remember which one that was. Sorry!

Back