Advice Please: Mutual of Omaha or Monumental

Pawnature

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
Trying to make a decision and looking for input. I have been out of the business for over 10 years where I was a debit agent. A few months ago I got my license back and went to work for PM. I received 2 days in office and a 1.5 days in the field. I guess things would have been better if I had lived closer to the division office but that is 3.5 hrs away and I am the only agent in this area so no one to work with. I've been loosing a lot of business due to ignorance and pricing.

I have had offers from the following companies Mutual of Omaha and Monumental. The only thing I know about MOO is what I've read on hear, and most of it has been positive.

I would be an associate agent with Monumental with 100% comm. and the opportunity to become W2 agent in about 3 months due to an agent retiring. I know their main products are Life, Cancer and accident, and that is what they want to push. They also have a brokerage through (United Financial Services) with the following companies listed. John Alden, Transamerica Worksite, United American, Continental General, Creative Marketing and BenefitMall.

I guess what I am getting at is that both of the companies have offices within 25 minutes of me and I would have a lot better support.

Any thoughts.

Last edited:
Trying to make a decision and looking for input. I have been out of the business for over 10 years where I was a debit agent. A few months ago I got my license back and went to work for PM. I received 2 days in office and a 1.5 days in the field. I guess things would have been better if I had lived closer to the division office but that is 3.5 hrs away and I am the only agent in this area so no one to work with. I've been loosing a lot of business due to ignorance and pricing.

I have had offers from the following companies Mutual of Omaha and Monumental. The only thing I know about MOO is what I've read on hear, and most of it has been positive.

I would be an associate agent with Monumental with 100% comm. and the opportunity to become W2 agent in about 3 months due to an agent retiring. I know their main products are Life, Cancer and accident, and that is what they want to push. They also have a brokerage through (United Financial Services) with the following companies listed. John Alden, Transamerica Worksite, United American, Continental General, Creative Marketing and BenefitMall.

I guess what I am getting at is that both of the companies have offices within 25 minutes of me and I would have a lot better support.

Any thoughts.

I think either one would be o.k. but I might lean to MOO.

I'm a Mutual of Omaha agent and so far its been a great experience, I started in the industry on the P&C side with the Hartford in San Diego. I knew then that insurance was going to be my career not just another job. Since transistioning to the Life & Health side I have worked as a independent broker for Hartford, Mutual, Americo and Colorado Bankers. Most of my business I place with Mutual, final expense with primarly Americo and Colorado.
I recommend Mutual because even as a career agent you can contract with other carriers although the career contract to make it profitable you want to place most of your business with them.

Back