Annuity Marketing-Dean Cipriano

"He then contacted me wanting $ 1,800 to mail out 1,000 coconuts to business owners with some witty message referring to insurance on them."

What sort of response rate does he get from the coconut mailers?

I did see some interesting mailing pieces on:

http://www.lumpymail.com/product_start.htm

and I know of a guy named Mitch that does similar stuff out in L.A. I saw him speak at a marketing conference and Mitch used the trash can and the bottle.

There is no question that these unusual pieces will get you nearly 100% opened rate, but they do cost a fortune to purchase and mail. They're probably the way to go for high-ticket items to individuals that may be hard to reach with a simple phone call, such as doctors, for example. So, they may have some application for insurance purposes, but it would be very situational.

I think the emotion selling method has a lot of good potential once you figure out what works. Just look at the mail you get each day and you will get a lot of good ideas of what a lot of good marketers are doig and whats working. I beleive you can get a lot better info from studing the mail each day at zero cost than purchasing Dean's System.

I think the emotion selling method has a lot of good potential once you figure out what works. Just look at the mail you get each day and you will get a lot of good ideas of what a lot of good marketers are doig and whats working. I beleive you can get a lot better info from studing the mail each day at zero cost than purchasing Dean's System.

There are other products that teach emotional, direct response copywriting. If someone is serious about learning it, I would recommend Dan Kennedy's copywriting seminar, which can be found on eBay for far less than on Kennedy's site and other licensees.

Selling annuities when the Treasury yield curve is inverted is very difficult. You're competing against bank CDs, and you'll lose. Did you know that the Treasury yield curve has been inverted for quite some time?

A yield curve inversion occurs when the 3mo rate is higher than the 10yr rate.

Typically, insurance companies make money on an annuity by investing long (several years). With an inverted yield curve, a company that invests long will make less money than investing short like a bank CD. Sales tend to dry up during this period because annuity rates are too low.

As of 6/14/2007 the yield curve is just starting to return to its normal shape of upward sloping. So it is possible that annuity sales might start picking up in the future. We'll have to wait and see.

Hello.
I am new selling insurance and am considering buying Cipriano's marketing system.
Has anyone had any experience with his system?
Thanks,
Fernando

I bought the system. I listened to the CDs first. Each was primarily an upsell into a more expensive product, their flagship being the $3700/month lead system. I flipped through the manual and the strategy didn't match my style of marketing. The ad copy looked like sensationalized tabloid advertising. It may or may not be effective, I just chose to not have be the image I want to portray.

I did send back the materials a couple of weeks ago. I'm waiting on my refund.

I can't get them to stop callin me or emailing me. HOw annoying is it to answer an unknown call and hear Dean's annoying ass voice in your ear. Pisses me off to hear him on my voicemail. "Hurry before it's too late, we only have 150 spots to fill and they are going fast. I wonder how many poeple waste the time to listen to him.

Back