Another crazy prospecting idea

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
I'm just brain storming here and sharing an idea with you.

Visit some local pharmacies that are not chains, but are locally owned. Ask to speak to the owner. Ask the owner if the bags that they placed the prescriptions in cost them anything. Offer to give them these bags for free. You will even place their logo on the front of the bag like it was on their own bags. These bags cost the local pharmacy money. They can go through an average of 20 to 100 bags a day that will cost you on average of 5 to 10 cent a bag. The owner will ask you what the catch is and why are you offering to give them these bags for free. Tell the owner all you want to do is place a small advertisement on the back of the bag that is offering life insurance to their clients. (A very small ad)

I can spend hours telling you what to place on the advertisement on the bag. Just one idea is have you had a heart attack, stroke or cancer and been told you can’t buy life insurance, then I can help you. You can offer them a guaranteed graded benefit product. You don’t have to pay a higher life insurance premium just because you take a daily prescription for a condition.

This lead system could put you in front of a great market and could cost you very little per paper bag.

You can even use the same printing company that they are already using, and just tell them you will cover the cost, if you can just add your advertisement.

This is just an idea that you can try and see if it works for you. I think the bags cost like 5 cent a bag when you buy a ton of them. I have spent tons of money on bad leads before, and think this would be worth trying. Again let me say this would not work in chains, like Walmart. Also this may work for more then just Life Insurance.

Mark Rosenthal
[email protected]
www.realfastservice.com

Must be effective, we get approached several times/year from a company that provides that service to local pharmacies. They get several area businesses as sponsors and the pharmacy gets the bags for free.

Hope it works well for you

If they are approaching you several times per year, it probably isn't effective. Apparently the advertisers keep dropping out of the program.

It will work only if you put this on the bag...

"What if he gave you the wrong prescription? Will your family be taken care of? Call us before taking!"

It is a good idea. People are getting more inventive.

I don't know about other places, but locally you can buy ads that appear at the top of every single page of the phone books or just in certain sections.

I've noticed that lawyers have ads at the top of business pages for funeral homes, nursing homes, doctors, and any other business that someone might be looking up because they are ticked off for some reason. Right on the same page is the lawyer's number --ready to go.

There must be a good way to do something like this with insurance. Obviously you could spend a fortune to have an ad at the top of 1,200 or so pages. I wonder what particular pages might bring in insurance business? Here's a thought for P&C guys: ads at the top of every auto body repair page.

This is a good idea but you must have exclusive rights for ...oh...let's say a year. Or 6 months, or a trial period of 3 months.

Years ago i used to sell advertising for paper score sheets in bowling alleys and the advertiser got an exclusive spot for a year and the bowling center signed a one-year contract.

Otherwise, the next imitator says, "Hey, how about some pens to go with those bags if I have my ad on both?"

Back