Anyone Heard of Fiesta Insurance Franchise?

G

Hi,
I am considering purchasing a franchise of this insurance agency. They not only offer all lines of insurance through about 50 carriers, they also offer motor vehicle registration, travel and tax preparation. I need any advise that any of you who may have experience with them can provide.

Also, I am looking for venture capital funding. I am very experienced in insurance sales as well as capital equipment sales but do not believe a normal bank will touch me as I am not currently working. I am 46 years old and have owned my own business before (before a divorce). I have a good head on my shoulders and know how to run a business. I am trying to start an insurance business so that I can produce income. I know I can make this a successful venture. Any suggestions as to where I can look for help with funding? There are many offers out there on Craigs List, etc. but many of them appear to be scams.

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.

California is very good about disclosing information on Franchises. You might find this a good resource, just type their name in the company field.

hxxp://134.186.208.228/caleasi/pub/exsearch.htm

-S

Hi,
I am considering purchasing a franchise of this insurance agency. They not only offer all lines of insurance through about 50 carriers, they also offer motor vehicle registration, travel and tax preparation. I need any advise that any of you who may have experience with them can provide.

Also, I am looking for venture capital funding. I am very experienced in insurance sales as well as capital equipment sales but do not believe a normal bank will touch me as I am not currently working. I am 46 years old and have owned my own business before (before a divorce). I have a good head on my shoulders and know how to run a business. I am trying to start an insurance business so that I can produce income. I know I can make this a successful venture. Any suggestions as to where I can look for help with funding? There are many offers out there on Craigs List, etc. but many of them appear to be scams.

Thanks everyone for any help you can provide.
Do you have a written business plan? Have you checked with SCORE and the SBA?

Thanks SuperGenius and Salem Ins Guy! To answer Salem, I do have a written business plan and am just starting the process of going to banks, the SBA, etc. From what I was reading on the SBA website, I'm not sure they would view me any differently than a big banking institution. Basically the only asset I have is my house which is in good standing; however I live in Florida where houses have lost all their value. In other words, owe more than it's worth at this point. How does one convince these banks that you are a good risk and diligent about making your business successful? It's a real challenge today!!

I wish there was a 0 or negative 10 star rating because that is the rating I would give to Fiesta Auto Insurance Franchise. The offices are individually owned so the level of service you get is just from the owners. On the other hand the corporate offices treat the owners like sh*t, collect their commissions, take 25% and then use every method possible to charge other fees to keep the most of the money. Neither the CEO nor the VP are Hispanic but they choose to prey on Hispanics and minority and use a "crow" as their symbol. Just remember a crow is a vulture who eats dead animals and that is how fiesta sees its franchisees and their customers.

Back