Anyone Hold a Goosehead Franchise?

I dont want to bash any other model I am sure their are good people in every organization. I will say that with Goosehead and Brightway that the franchise fee is very high. I also dont believe in having a service center and losing half the commissions on renewals. I was also told with goosehead commercial access is restricted and the territory you can sale in is also restricted. TWFG pays 80% on new and renewal plus the start up fee is a fraction of what goosehead and brightway ask. On top of that the carrier lists they offer appear to be the same.
Not sure why I would fork over 30,000-60,000 dollars for them to take half of my renewals and give them to CSRs in some call center.

Call Premier. It has the best contract in the industry, and delivers all four of the deliverables a group ought to:

Transparency
Carrier Alignment
Training and support
Industry leading contract

Goosehead is a great company to look into if going independent. The back office support will allow you to focus your time on growing your agency and selling more insurance. They deliver on their promises. It is the real deal. I own an agency myself.
Megan Bailey
214-838-5206

----------

Goosehead Insurance agents are producing nearly 3x what the average agent does in any captive or independent model. That is the main reason to take a serious look at the model. Whenever someone visits the headquarters, and physically experiences the operation at Goosehead, they realize the difference.

Goosehead is disrupting the industry for the better. It is an exciting company to be a part of. Once you see their build-out with Salesforce.com, you will see why. They will be opening a new agency every 4 days in 2015. Get in while you can!

----------

Goosehead is open in Texas, California, Florida, and Virginia.

----------

I encourage you to take a look at Goosehead Insurance. We are not based on anyone's model except for our own. A bit of history:

2003 - Mark & Robyn Jones launch Texas Wasatch Group, a scratch independent agency near Dallas, TX.

2006 - We built out a comprehensive service and back office team, to allow our corporate producers to focus 100% on selling. We were approaching 15 million in written premium at this time.

2008 - We purchased Salesforce.com and began a 7-figure build out for a custom, industry leading agency management system. This system will change the way we run our agency, and will allow us to increase productivity, while providing transparent back office support functionality to our different departments. We were approaching 30 million in written premium at this time.

2011 - We recognized we had a proven concept that could allow outside agents the opportunity to bolt on to our business infrastructure, and have immediate access to scale. We were quickly growing one of the largest and fastest growing agencies in Texas, and we wanted to give others the same opportunity. We were approaching 60 million in written premium, completely organically, almost all personal lines, without purchasing any books. We knew we had a proven concept and could disrupt the industry.

2012- We launched a separate company, Goosehead Insurance, to allow entrepreneurs and experienced agents to partner with us. We chose the franchise model as we knew the benefit of partnering with us was to follow our proof of concept and utilize our core competencies: training, business support, technology, customer service, quality control, e/o, finance and accounting, increased sales, and scale . Though we are a franchise company, internally, we strictly use the word "agency partner" because our agents are our business partners, who deserve the utmost level of integrity, transparency, respect, and support.

2014 - Goosehead Insurance grows to over 130 agency locations. It has gained critical mass. We decide to merge our two companies, to simplify our business, and share intellectual capital across both companies. We are now a franchise company with a large corporate owned store (which is formerly Texas Wasatch Group, or TWG).

2015- We are open in 4 states, TX, FL, CA, and VA. We plan to launch 120 new agencies across these states. We plan to support our partners in an unmatched business model. We plan to disrupt the industry for the better, and change the way agents run agencies, and the way people buy insurance. A few key points about our business model:

1. Book ownership: You will have the autonomy to sell your book on the open market, pass it down to a family member, or take our guaranteed a buy-back.

2. No service work: We provide you with a team of fully licensed P&C agents who will service 100% of your book. We guarantee a live licensed agent will answer your clients calls in less than 30 seconds. While pro-actively managing your book (and delivering the "Wow!" factor), we ensure a higher retention rate and higher client satisfaction. Producers are the only employees you will need to hire, which will significantly reduce your overhead while increasing your sales capacity.

3. Carrier options: Our product portfolio is unmatched. We aim to optimize our closing rates and optimize our marketability by working with only the best carriers in your area.

4. Industry Leading Technology: Our comparative rater combined with our custom agency management system will allow you to manage your agency like you have never seen before.

5. Training & Support: Our 2 week (as well as ongoing) comprehensive training program is free to you and your producers.

Please feel free to reach out to me to discuss further:
Megan Bailey
Director of Business Development
Goosehead Insurance
214-838-5206
[email protected]

An agent going independent needs to know their options. Read the threads. There are a lot on this site. Decide on what is important to you as an agency owner and find the means of achieving that. Call the agents that belong to any group you are courting to learn about the group from someone other than the Business Development manager.

Last edited:
why would you anyone ever pay a franchise free for insurance when there are so many clusters you can join today? Dont even answer that, Im just posting this inn case someone looking into ever stumbles across this page looking for answers. Franchise fee, think twice, is only worth something when someone recognizes it ie: McD, Sub, you know what Em talking about. Goose what?

If anything they should be enticing you to join until a group reaches critical mass and if your looking for a group as such, there are plenty out there.

If so, what do you think about it? I'm currently working as a Farmer's agent but looking to go independent. From what I've heard so far everything sounds great...with the exception of the up-front franchise fee.
1st they take 50% renewals. 2nd- I thought you wanted to be an independent? You will still be captive with them. An independent fully owns the book... 99% of franchise agreements are written to where you still do not own the book, they do. You only own the revenue stream.... BIG difference.

Also, good luck selling only a revenue stream. Yes, I know, they promise verbally that you own the book, but read the contract! Also, 99% of the time, the buyer has to agree to be part of the franchise.... Most buyers will not want to join a franchise because they already have a huge book.

Last edited:
Ok, next question - has anybody (in Texas) even heard of them or talked with them?

I realize this is an old thread but I own a Goosehead franchise (2 years) and would be please to help anyone considering making the move. It is a very unique business model that allows you to spend all of your time selling.

David,

Honest question.....

What would happen to your business income if The Texas DOI stopped allowing Fees? or seriously tightened the practice of such fees?

What happens when you go toe to toe with another agency that does not charge fees?

Shawn,

If we didn't charge fees our initial income would certainly not be as much. That being said there is usually no difficulty with the fee once I present Goosehead and what we offer.

When I go toe to toe with another agent I win many more than I lose. I will be honest, I never ever low ball coverage to get a client, I quote each them like I am quoting myself and most all appreciate it. Would be pleased to discuss further via phone if you would like.

Back