Anyone Hold a Goosehead Franchise?

Exdpguy

If so, what do you think about it? I'm currently working as a Farmer's agent but looking to go independent. From what I've heard so far everything sounds great...with the exception of the up-front franchise fee.

Ok, next question - has anybody (in Texas) even heard of them or talked with them?

I have heard of them and have two friends that work there but don't know to much about them. To my knowledge they are only in Texas right now.

Ok, next question - has anybody (in Texas) even heard of them or talked with them?

Yes I have a friend that also works their in the recruiting office. It is a run of the mill kind of brokerage. I heard they just doubled their franchise fee. It's not worth the fee joining when you can join a much cheaper group that does nearly the same thing. The bigger the upfront cost the less money you have to market your new agency.

What other agencies out there offer a franchise deal for the independent P&C agent that might be less than a Goosehead franchise and offer a variety of quality carriers? Thanks.

Brightway Insurance is the original franchise option that Goosehead was based on. If you are looking at top notch national insurance franchises you should definately compare their Franchise Disclosure Documents which tell how financially strong they are, and outline important issues such as costs and how their agents actually are doing. Any strong franchise will share earnings results in the Item 19 section. If they don't share any results that should be a big red flag...

Brightway Insurance is the original franchise option that Goosehead was based on. If you are looking at top notch national insurance franchises you should definately compare their Franchise Disclosure Documents which tell how financially strong they are, and outline important issues such as costs and how their agents actually are doing. Any strong franchise will share earnings results in the Item 19 section. If they don't share any results that should be a big red flag...

Brightway is one of the originasl franchise models and does really well down here in Florida. check agency equity as they will break down all the possible franchise opportunities in your state.

The brightway agents I have dealt with will do anything to get a policy including lying about a company and/or stripping coverage.

The brightway agents I have dealt with will do anything to get a policy including lying about a company and/or stripping coverage.

Wow that is a strong accusation. I will never bash another agent or company because you never know who is watching or listening. I have met a few of them but I don't know any of them personally and a lot of them write a ton of business.

Wow that is a strong accusation. I will never bash another agent or company because you never know who is watching or listening. I have met a few of them but I don't know any of them personally and a lot of them write a ton of business.

Those are just the ones I have dealt with or what I have heard from customers. Not saying they are all like that.

Back