Appoinment for Renters Only

sharewic1

Expert
Can I get appointed by a carrier to sell renters insurance only.

I'v posted about this before. I have a lot of request for stand alone renters insurance.

My goal is to get the renters first and then go for the auto a couple months later or at renewal.
I want to avoid quotes for auto.

Does anyone know if National General,Foremost,First Acceptance or any other carriers will appoint for renters only.

Nat Gen does not have an in-house renters product, at least not in my state. Foremost only does a tenant policy on mobile home. First Acceptance is captive.

What state are you in? If you show a plan to produce enough to satisfy them, you shouldn't have an issue getting a monoline property carrier to appoint you, and you'll get an ho3 product to go along with it. In my experience, these carriers also offer a more competitive premium for an ho4 than multiline carriers like Travelers or Safeco.

I'm in Alabama and there is an ASI in my state so I will start with contacting ASI.

Last question, I have E&O insurance for my P&C through work.I also have it for my Life/Health ----which I just signed up to do sell With Health Markets. Do I need a separate E&O for P&C if I am selling this outside of work??

Ok thanks . I'm guess I'm just lost on how to get a mono line appointment for Renters.
Can't really partner with an agent- not enough commission.
Where I work doesn't offer it , I was told if I wanted to sell it I had to find a direct appointment with a carrier.
Is there a phone # that a prospective can just call and ask ASI questions or any carrier for that matter ?

Back