Association to Receive Referral Fees in CA

bfrisk

I work for a contractors association in CA and we are looking for a partnership to receive referral fees in order to produce revenue.

I ran into the issue when speaking with partners that we needed to be licensed brokers in order receive a referral fee.

Is there a way an existing licensed agent could register our business with the license number? Would they simply need to register the business and obtain the proper insurance for the business?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

I work for a contractors association in CA and we are looking for a partnership to receive referral fees in order to produce revenue.

I ran into the issue when speaking with partners that we needed to be licensed brokers in order receive a referral fee.

Is there a way an existing licensed agent could register our business with the license number? Would they simply need to register the business and obtain the proper insurance for the business?

Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!

You just need someone to allow you to use their insurance license. I remember working for a credit union in my dark past. I could have parked my license with them.

It's certainly doable if the license holder is an officer of the corporation.

Rick

This may be another option. You may want to contact your local MassMutual general agent regarding this.

https://www.massmutual.com/home/strategicalliances

It's been a while, but if I remember correctly, a special LLC is formed between licensed and non-licensed individuals for the purposes of revenue sharing. There are some start-up costs, but this may probably be your best "legal" way of getting what you're looking for.

Back