Bankers Life in San Diego

I would like to start selling insurance as a side job. I have no experience.
I responded to an Insurance Sales - Entry Level job with Bankers Life here in San Diego.

Is this a good company for someone like me?
Should I look into another company?

I would like to start selling insurance as a side job. I have no experience. I responded to an Insurance Sales - Entry Level job with Bankers Life here in San Diego. Is this a good company for someone like me? Should I look into another company?

Tons of info on here...even google about bankers life. Funny they call it entry level, it should be called if you're breathing we'll hire you.

Put it this way, you can learn from them plenty but when you leave you'll have to unlearn about 75% of what you learned.

You're doing this backwards. It's not about the agency. It's about your marketing plan first. Then you find an agency to help you support your marketing plan initiatives. Otherwise, you're putting the cart before the horse.

It's counter-intuitive to the job culture out there, but it's the best way to think when considering the insurance industry and career path.

Do you have an insurance license?

What kind of people do you see yourself helping them to solve their problems?

Let's start there.

looks like FE easier to start with for a novice like me.

Don't underestimate the trust equity you already have with the architect world since you already have experience in it. Whether you know the prospects personally or not, the people you speak with are essentially your peers, so you know the business they live in. That is money!

The product can be learned fairly quickly, whether it be FE or E&O. You need to be able to read - that's it. Trust equity must be built and this is the hardest part about the insurance business that many waste their time looking for ways to avoid having to do .... You already have a head start in that industry by simply having worked in it. I hope you'll consider that as you join this biz :)

Don't underestimate the trust equity you already have with the architect world since you already have experience in it. Whether you know the prospects personally or not, the people you speak with are essentially your peers, so you know the business they live in. That is money!

The product can be learned fairly quickly, whether it be FE or E&O. You need to be able to read - that's it. Trust equity must be built and this is the hardest part about the insurance business that many waste their time looking for ways to avoid having to do .... You already have a head start in that industry by simply having worked in it. I hope you'll consider that as you join this biz :)

Not really a comparison. Some FE guys that run leads go from "hello my name is Bill" to "Thank you for the business, goodby". in less than 45 minutes.

That is incredible! And what would you say is a safe length of time I can bank on keeping client?

I do not do purchased leads. Also I am not an FE only agent. But my understanding is many of these guys have persistency in the 80s.

Fwiw, I rely on relationships with my clients for the consistent leads I get from them. So trust is very important.

Back