Becoming a State Farm Agent

Please do all your research before you get into the program! The contract can and will continue to change, making it harder for your to be profitable. Also remember, you own nothing but the expenses. If/when you leave, you get zero paid to you and you are stuck with the debts. The training program is awesome but intense! Look for opportunities where you are a true business owner, not just an agent. Allstate currently has the best captive program with the best pay structures. With Allstate you can actually buy and sell offices to generate more revenue. When I decided to leave agency, my book would have been worth almost 900k but I got nothing since I didn't really own anything.

Just some insider info!

I was going to go the path to be a State Farm agent. I was disappointed in how the sales leader treated me. I guess I got lucky that I decided not to go that route because of the way I was treated. Now I am grateful that happened because of the experiences I have heard from others.

It is true. State Farm just leaves you in the cold if you don't make their "quota's" and they take your business away. You never own the business. And, they leave you with lots of debts. My sales leader actually did me a big favor so I didn't get into the mess that other new State Farm agents get into.

:mad::1mad::skeptical::err:

Please do all your research before you get into the program! The contract can and will continue to change, making it harder for your to be profitable. Also remember, you own nothing but the expenses. If/when you leave, you get zero paid to you and you are stuck with the debts. The training program is awesome but intense! Look for opportunities where you are a true business owner, not just an agent. Allstate currently has the best captive program with the best pay structures. With Allstate you can actually buy and sell offices to generate more revenue. When I decided to leave agency, my book would have been worth almost 900k but I got nothing since I didn't really own anything. Just some insider info!

Allstate is generally referred to as the worst program for agents on this forum (except for maybe Farmers).

Please do all your research before you get into the program! The contract can and will continue to change, making it harder for your to be profitable. Also remember, you own nothing but the expenses. If/when you leave, you get zero paid to you and you are stuck with the debts. The training program is awesome but intense! Look for opportunities where you are a true business owner, not just an agent. Allstate currently has the best captive program with the best pay structures. With Allstate you can actually buy and sell offices to generate more revenue. When I decided to leave agency, my book would have been worth almost 900k but I got nothing since I didn't really own anything.

Just some insider info!

Allstate has the best captive program. That is why may refer to it as Allsnakes.

----------

Allstate is generally referred to as the worst program for agents on this forum (except for maybe Farmers).

I would avoid Allsnakes, Farmers, and SF.

Thanks. Can you explain why these are the best?

----------

If we are talking captive I would look at American Family, Nationwide, Shelter, Farm Bureau, etc. If INDY then any company you can get including the clusters.
Don't know if I will go independent unless I can work from home.

Thanks. Can you explain why these are the best?

----------

Don't know if I will go independent unless I can work from home.

I do not know that any of them are the best but I have read horror stories on SF, Allstate, and Farmers.

SF's business model is too one sided towards the company and the agent must invest thousand of dollars with that benefits the company that he may potentially walk away from.

Allstates has proven to be untrustworthy in dealings with employees and has cut agent compensation drastically.

Farmers among other things will hire anyone who breathes and jacks rates around so much that they are often very uncompetitive plus other things.

Back