Beginner's Guide to Insurance MLM

Norwayguy said:
Most carriers will give you a % of the first x of sales an agent does when referred by you...Think about it its cost effective advertising as they only pay on producing agents.

While I agree, we were talking about Bankers and I don't think they do that, but I could be wrong

Chazm said:
While I agree, we were talking about Bankers and I don't think they do that, but I could be wrong

My info is old but in 2000 they would give a percentage for a period of time additionally at least in my office if you brought someone in they would make you and ADA agent development associate first rung of management which included overrides I think in the 15% range.

Added Hubert Humphrey's new company to the list - HGI.
Hegemon Group International.

New to the site.
I was approached by a agency wanting me to start selling IUL's. The agency was contracted under the Alliance Group in Atlanta, Ga. They were clearly set up as some type of MLM. The company has provided excellent training up to this point on IUL's and life insurance with living benefits. They seem to have several good marketing options to get folks interested in their products. A few weeks later, I was informed that they were changing directions and would now be contracted through First Financial Securities. They are offering us a strong product line, including several recognized life and annuity companies. After doing some research on here and other places on the internet, I am finding a lot of negative posts regarding FFS. Just wanted to get some opinions on whether this would be a good avenue for an agent to break into the life insurance market.

New to the site.
I was approached by a agency wanting me to start selling IUL's. The agency was contracted under the Alliance Group in Atlanta, Ga. They were clearly set up as some type of MLM. The company has provided excellent training up to this point on IUL's and life insurance with living benefits. They seem to have several good marketing options to get folks interested in their products. A few weeks later, I was informed that they were changing directions and would now be contracted through First Financial Securities. They are offering us a strong product line, including several recognized life and annuity companies. After doing some research on here and other places on the internet, I am finding a lot of negative posts regarding FFS. Just wanted to get some opinions on whether this would be a good avenue for an agent to break into the life insurance market.

Any MLM type agency is bad. If they want you to recruit agents when you don't know anything except what they have taught you (very limited) it is a sham. There are MANY of them in the insurance industry.

Back