Best State to Start Insurance Career?

Hailey9

Expert
Hi all,
First post. I have been reading the forum for the past few months and it has been extremely helpful. A little background about me. I am 51 and single, and have been in financial services most of my career in California. I started in banking and did a bit of Long term care insurance many years ago. (Not currently licensed anymore.) I made good money the last decade in real estate finance but that is no longer a viable career path. I have been on commission most of my working life and know how to prospect for clients. Lately, with the current cost of living so high here in Los Angeles, I am thinking about starting my insurance career in Austin, TX or Las Vegas, or is California where I should stay. I have friends and family in all three places. But if I go to Texas or Nevada my living expenses would be cut in half. I have two years or more in savings so I am prepared for a $15,000 first year if it happens. My plan is to obtain my life and health lic and start with med supps and FE. Then on to LTC and annuities. Ready to make a decision soon. Thoughts, ideas, or suggestions welcome. Thanks!

Get the Calif. Life/Health license and then decide where you want to go. You can always get a nonresident and do business in Calif. and Nevada while you consider Texas. If you do decide to relocate there's no retesting required.

No!
Stay out of FL! Lol

Wherever you go I think you will do great. You know what it takes to prospect and you know that sitting on your butt all day will kill your income.

Tx if u can stand the heat. Nv not my kind of town. CA is where I live now will be gone in 2012 to AZ. $15 k a year is not much of savings. Ur not doing well for being 50 did the ex wife take all ur money?

Start in the state of "Confusion". If you start there you will be able to sell insurance in all "57" states successfully.

You have to begin by making mistakes and learning from them. Once you have done that you will be "Golden" no matter where you go.

Start in the state of "Confusion". If you start there you will be able to sell insurance in all "57" states successfully.

You have to begin by making mistakes and learning from them. Once you have done that you will be "Golden" no matter where you go.

I must have missed something important. When did we add those last 3 states?!?

I must have missed something important. When did we add those last 3 states?!?

Now that is funny!

I am going to miss Missouri and all the wonderful people who live here. I just hope people in FL have as good a sense of humor. If not I will perish there.

I take what I do very seriously but if I can't have fun doing it I need to go to Walmart and apply for a job as a greeter. :D

Back