The Best TRAINING?

HIG

If I told you that I ultimately wanted to own my own independent insurance agency, was already an expert in all forms of marketing (internet and direct, etc) but simply needed someone to "show me the ropes" in terms of quoting, issuing policies, and managing claims, what advice would you give me?

I am working under someone currently but feel completely alone and as if I'm having to teach myself. That person (I don't even know their title) is giving me a 50% commission and paying my E&O but I'm really more concerned about learning "the ropes" and there's virtually NO training with this dude.

I am SO determined that I'd pay for training, pay for whatever as long as it leads me to where I ultimately want to be which is owning my own independent insurance company.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Go find another agent. There will be no better place to learn these things than another independent in my opinion. I say this even over captives because you will learn systems that you might continue to use (same carriers) and different types of products being quoted and what makes a product better/worse between companies.

Being covered under E&O isn't bad either, trust me. Just make sure that you are properly covered under E&O since some policies are worded so that agents working under you aren't covered- I haven't seen one myself but my boss knows what he is doing. Just make sure you will really be covered if the time comes.

Back