Beware of Website Scam from NOLHA

shantajc

I am a member of the NOHLA website and they were advertising $99 Wordpress setup to members plus the cost of the theme. Being that I am newly independent I thought this would be a great way to start advertising for myself. Now for $99 they were to install the theme, configure it and format all the text for you (with 100% guarantee). I really didn't have time to learn how to create a website so I paid $132 via paypal to NOHLA on 2/13/12 and did all of my communication thru John Petrowski (founding partner for NOHLA) which included providing John with the text for the website and all the information for the domain (which I purchased the same day). As of today I still do not have a website. I have been promised a complete site and also a refund because it has taken so long. I have heard excuse after excuse as to why I still do not have a website and as to why I still do not have a refund. I tried to be patient because I understand that things do happen but I have advertised this website on cards and flyers that I had to stop giving out because that looks bad on my part to have an unfinished product for my business. The only reason I did that was because I was promised the website would be finished by March 5th. As of today he has entered only a couple of things to the website

I had not heard anything bad prior to this happening and I have found their website to be quite useful at times. The last email I received from John was on May 2nd and now I get no response from him nor do I get a response from the NOHLA email. I am unsure of the next step that I will make but I just want to warn everyone of this scam that I have dealt with.

Well, this ought to be interesting. John is a big poster here. I can't wait to hear his response.

Something isn't adding up...a complete functioning website for $132?

Doesn't sound right. Must have been a miscommunication.

As I read the offer it was $99 to install the wordpress theme. The domain and hosting would not be included, but that's a fair price for what's being offered. It's certainly on the low end, but reasonable. Within the next week or two I'm trying to polish off my deal that will have a handful of options and it'll be $129 for the site and $9/month for email and hosting. I'm still playing with the numbers, but it'll be right around there. Just setting up a wordpress theme isn't usually terribly involved, but when you're trying to keep tweaking things it can start to get time consuming ($). What's really cool though, is that thanks to wordpress, making good looking site from scratch doesn't have to cost thousands of dollars anymore.

Obviously we haven't heard from John (yet), but I don't think he meant anything nefarious by it. I believe in another thread he was talking about having issues with his GoDaddy email and that he was potentially trying to switch it over to google apps. I'm not trying to make excuses for the guy, but I think scam is a harsh word.

Last edited:
I am a member of the NOHLA website and they were advertising $99 Wordpress setup to members plus the cost of the theme. Being that I am newly independent I thought this would be a great way to start advertising for myself. Now for $99 they were to install the theme, configure it and format all the text for you (with 100% guarantee). I really didn't have time to learn how to create a website so I paid $132 via paypal to NOHLA on 2/13/12 and did all of my communication thru John Petrowski (founding partner for NOHLA) which included providing John with the text for the website and all the information for the domain (which I purchased the same day). As of today I still do not have a website. I have been promised a complete site and also a refund because it has taken so long. I have heard excuse after excuse as to why I still do not have a website and as to why I still do not have a refund. I tried to be patient because I understand that things do happen but I have advertised this website on cards and flyers that I had to stop giving out because that looks bad on my part to have an unfinished product for my business. The only reason I did that was because I was promised the website would be finished by March 5th. As of today he has entered only a couple of things to the website

I had not heard anything bad prior to this happening and I have found their website to be quite useful at times. The last email I received from John was on May 2nd and now I get no response from him nor do I get a response from the NOHLA email. I am unsure of the next step that I will make but I just want to warn everyone of this scam that I have dealt with.

This is 100% purely my fault and take full responsibility. Not that there are even any real excuses, but I have been bogged down beyond believe. I'll do my best to get your set-up done by Wednesday and you'll indeed get a refund. I had a few people helping me, now I have one.

Well there you go. Short of not having the problem, about the best you can hope for is the person to owe the problem, fix it and refund our money.

Class act.

I agree but that would be own up to the problem.

Except in the stupid southern states.

Rick

I completely deny your allegations. I demand that you retract them at this time lest I be required to report your vile slander.

California 2012

Back