Body Language Training

SWM

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I would like to run an idea past both new and experienced members. I have been an investment advisor and life agent for 16 yrs. By most standards, I have done very well. I attribute my success to my previous career which was law enforcement (narcotics) and corrections. During that time, I was a devout student of body language and deception detection. The application of this knowledge has had a direct influence on my success. As I age and mature, I am less competitive and more inclined to pass on these type of skills. My question, and this is not a sales pitch, would you think it would be worth your time to attend a one day seminar to learn these skills. I am considering putting together a seminar geared towards financial sales and the use of interpretation of body language. Your input would be appreciated.

You might talk with NOLHA.org they are a life health association from the forum. You might offer a free webinar..

It's something I might be interested in watching a presentation about, but I wouldn't pay for it.

To be honest, I have put minimal thought into what extent I would teach this. I think I would have a hard time passing on this type of information for free as "free" has no value and I have spent a ton of money in travel, books, and seminars since 1987 on this information. When applied to everyday business, it is quite useful. My teenage kids hated me as they couldn't get a lie past me:) I do appreciate your thoughts though, thank you.

Body language, also called Kinesics, can be useful in other ways besides insurance and/or selling. It can tell you if a woman is really interested before dumping a hundred bucks on dinner. :biggrin:

But seriously now, there's a good read on Wikipedia with some references. Much cheaper, I would think.

theinsuranceman said:
I'd definitely be willing to pay...within reason.

Greg,

In order for body language to help you, you would need to crank up the old' car.

I would like to run an idea past both new and experienced members. I have been an investment advisor and life agent for 16 yrs. By most standards, I have done very well. I attribute my success to my previous career which was law enforcement (narcotics) and corrections. During that time, I was a devout student of body language and deception detection. The application of this knowledge has had a direct influence on my success. As I age and mature, I am less competitive and more inclined to pass on these type of skills. My question, and this is not a sales pitch, would you think it would be worth your time to attend a one day seminar to learn these skills. I am considering putting together a seminar geared towards financial sales and the use of interpretation of body language. Your input would be appreciated.

A big maybe. Depends on the price. If I would see value. As others have said I would have to see a presentation first. I have bought my share of books and cassettes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Body language, also called Kinesics, can be useful in other ways besides insurance and/or selling. It can tell you if a woman is really interested before dumping a hundred bucks on dinner. :biggrin:

But seriously now, there's a good read on Wikipedia with some references. Much cheaper, I would think.

Paypal me $50. I can help you with that closing ratio right now. $100? Spend $90. on booze then $10. at In and Out on your way home.:biggrin:

Last edited:
Back