Books That Every Agents Should Read ?

Since no one else answered I have answered my own question. Wolfe is Tom Wolfe of the MDRT. The question is what books or recordings are available?

What are some important books that you think every agent needs to read?

I've been recommending some books, but wanted to check with you all and see which books you recommend other agents to read.

Blue Ocean Strategy; Winning; Think Big & Kick Ass…

I think that successful agents love to read.
Well, let me reword that. We have to read a lot to be successful.

There are a lot of great books out there that can teach you a lot of good stuff.

This is must read for life insurance agents.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Also the Millionaire Next Door is a great book not only to guide yourself but also to understand how self-made millionaires think differently than 2nd and 3rd generation millionaires.
Another one of my favorites.
Not specifically a sales book, but one of the best books I ever read was "48 Laws of Power" by Robert Greene
A ruthless but great book.
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Another definite must read.
I think any salesperson should start by reading Napoleon Hill. In my opinion there isn't anything superior to his teachings. They lay a firm foundation for any type of sales.
This is one of the books I enjoy reading every couple of years. It seems like I get so much more out of it each time.
Good to Great by Jim Collins
I read this one recently and it's great especially for independents out there. Very good book on how to focus on your core products that you can do better than anyone else, makes you profitable and you're passionate about.

A couple of books I'd like to add are:

The Richest Man In Babylon by George S. Clason

The Legend of the Monk & the Merchant: Principles for Successful Living by Terry Felber

Last edited:
Back