Books That Every Agents Should Read ?

Wow I have a lot of reading to do! I am currently reading "How I Raised my Self from Failure to Success in Selling" and the next one will be "How to Win Friends and Influence People" and now I have a huge lists of books in my wishlist too. Thanks for sharing.

Recommend:
SPIN Selling
Question Based Selling
Most agents can't sell. They have a very low close ratio. These 2 books will make the difference.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Recommend:
SPIN Selling
Question Based Selling
Most agents can't sell. They have a very low close ratio. These 2 books will make the difference.

Last edited:
Recommend:
SPIN Selling
Question Based Selling
Recommend:
SPIN Selling
Question Based Selling

What happened, Bob? Did you have a hiccup or is the double posting for emphasis?:laugh:

Last edited:
Actually Caliban, the most successful people I know work smart and hard, that's why they're successful.

Don't buy into the archaic cliche promulgating that hard work is unnecessary.

The Liano way is not for everyone either so I appreciate what you're saying. Focus is critical, so many people are on facebook or these forums all day, and if you're not adding or receiving value, it's pointless, isn't it?

Also, Earl Nightingale defined success as:

The progressive realization of a worthy ideal (or goal)

I respect what you are saying, but it is a slippery slope back to "work for work's sake", and a subjective definition of what "success" is. As I have confessed in other posts, I do work very hard to not work hard--wait, "hard" is not the right word, more like "focussed". If it is hard, I don't do it. If it is hard and necessary, I can have someone else do it. Very few things should be hard, however.

If the "hard" part you mention provides greater satisfaction, then by all means do it--work up a sweat. But if you find yourself working really really hard, just know that you are probably not doing it right. When you are doing something truly right, it is not very hard. The trick is doing it right though. Unfortunately, most advice agents get just leads them back to doing things harder.

Certainly, wherever you are, be there 100% in mind and body--maximum effort and attention. (In agency, if you are at your desk, get the most important stuff done as fast as is humanly possible--don't shop on e-bay waiting for something to do.) Is that hard? Maybe for some. I see that as efficient and focussed.

But being on the hamster wheel is not the goal. NOT being on the hamster wheel is.

Caliban's way is clearly not for everyone.

Is that rhetorical? Are you bored due to all the short cuts? LOL

Ah. But what if I reach a goal rapidly by taking some serious short cuts? Assuming it is a worthy goal, does that make it less of a success than if I ground my way up through various stages?
You also missed Earl's message. The goal itself is not success, but the progressive realization of it.

That's why people feel let down after they hit a goal, because they often have no other goal in their sites to go after.

He uses Xmas morning as an example, children are more excited before opening gifts than after. The anticipation and progress is exciting!

Ah. But what if I reach a goal rapidly by taking some serious short cuts? Assuming it is a worthy goal, does that make it less of a success than if I ground my way up through various stages?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back