Building a Website to Prospect

bballer2300

Expert
Has anyone tried building a website to prospect for insurance sales? Has anyone tried building a website to prospect for insurance sales? Did it generate leads to follow up on? Such as using SEO to help generate more hits to your website? Any feedback will be appreciated.

B...Your questions in your posts are good ones but why don't you go back and read the last 6-12 months of posts. A lot of your answers are there.

Re your question...aren't all websites built to prospect? The ultimate goal is visitors...who are potential prospects.

Say no to Eli.

One reason to have a website is to generate leads. The trick is to get your website promoted and that takes a financial commitment of thousands a month to get it going and it may take a few months before you start seeing income from it. You can start smaller, you'll just grow slower. It takes money to make money. You can learn to do Search Engine Optimization, SEO, to get your website to the first page of the search engines or you can pay an expert to do it but you better know who you are dealing with. This is a Caveat Emport business. Lots of promises but if you can make a go of it that's great.

"that takes a financial commitment of thousands a month"

It does not. It takes time, patience and hard consistent work. You have to listen to the experts, follow selected Forums and blogs, and spend a little bit of money.

"that takes a financial commitment of thousands a month"

It does not. It takes time, patience and hard consistent work. You have to listen to the experts, follow selected Forums and blogs, and spend a little bit of money.

^that^

Plus, it doesn't take thousands a month. For less than $500 most agents can be ranking for at least a few of their keywords in their area. Admittedly it wasn't a high competition term, but in less than two weeks FreeTelemarketingScripts.com has shot from not existing to page one (I just searched and it was position one). There are a lot of reasons why that cost me very little to make that climb in the rankings, but I've done the some for some agents sites on here.

I think the problem most agents have with SEO can fall into two groups:

1. It seems like there is more competition then there really is.
2. Leads from a website are just one more lead source, not the sole source of leads.

I put together a little FAQ section here: SEO Services | and I've been working with Brook making SEO more accessible to the average agent.

^that^

Plus, it doesn't take thousands a month. For less than $500 most agents can be ranking for at least a few of their keywords in their area. Admittedly it wasn't a high competition term, but in less than two weeks FreeTelemarketingScripts.com has shot from not existing to page one (I just searched and it was position one). There are a lot of reasons why that cost me very little to make that climb in the rankings, but I've done the some for some agents sites on here.

I think the problem most agents have with SEO can fall into two groups:

1. It seems like there is more competition then there really is.
2. Leads from a website are just one more lead source, not the sole source of leads.

I put together a little FAQ section here: SEO Services | and I've been working with Brook making SEO more accessible to the average agent.

Good info Josh. Plus people can use Google's keyword tool to get an idea how much competition a search phrase has and then work on some of the low competition words to rank first for those words. There's a lot of competition for insurance leads but not a lot of competition for aged insurance leads and even less completion for phrases like aged auto insurance leads , aged health insurance leads and aged life insurance leads .

Last edited:
Back