Can a Felon Get a License

PhxSunsFan

Guru
Friend of family got a misdeamonor for a bar fight which lasts one more year.. on his record... can he get a license after the 2 yr probation? thanks

Friend of family got a misdeamonor for a bar fight which lasts one more year.. on his record... can he get a license after the 2 yr probation? thanks

That's a long time for a fight to last! I'll bet he was tired.

I'm surprised that someone didn't correct your spelling.

Lol.. misdeameanor is a tough word to spell... I believe if you take a deal, you are still a felon?? if not my bad.. bottom line.. this guy took a deal that is 2 yr probabion for a bar fight misdeamonor.. the actual incident might have been different, but lawyer told him its like a barfight,.

Lol.. misdeameanor is a tough word to spell... I believe if you take a deal, you are still a felon?? if not my bad.. bottom line.. this guy took a deal that is 2 yr probabion for a bar fight misdeamonor.. the actual incident might have been different, but lawyer told him its like a barfight,.

Well, I've been in a few bar fights and none of them lasted more than a year.

misdemeanor(had to double check that...lol)

Better double check that...i don't think a Bar Fight would be considered a Misdemeanor....especially if its his first offense and he got 2 yrs probation.

He should disclose all information the Licensing board ask for.

I know of people who have gotten a license due to a misdemeanor but not a felon. I am sure if it was a misdemeanor due to something regarding Money, finances, they might would have a hard time or perhaps not be able to get licensed. The two people I know that has a license and a misdemeanor record had a criminal mischief charge and the other had a simple battery charge but his fight was over in a matter of seconds and didnt last 1 yr :biggrin:

I personally have met all kinds of people with different backgrounds get licensed. You can't generalize.

EX.

• I know a guy who has 2 DUI felonies, and got licensed to sell insurance.
  • I know someone who went to jail for a DRUG conviction (felon) and later became a Lawyer!
  • I know a girl who was involved in a Hold up of a Convenience Store (felon) and later got her insurance license.
  • I know an ATTORNEY who was convicted of 2 DUI's (felon) and still kept his law license. He also got his license to Drive back.
  • I know a guy who went to Jail for possession of Cocaine and served 2 yrs and then got out and after great effort, obtained his PC license and went on to get his LH license and even his Series 6.

I met these people working as a volunteer of the United Way. My hats off to these great people as they TURNED their life's around.

If someone makes a decision to change direction in their lifes and pick up the mantle and run...why should they be denied the right to pursue happiness?

If you deny someone their opportunity to obtain a license, you are basically denying them the right to work in their chosen profession. Barring any violations by that agency for prior offenses, there is no reason why someone should be denied the right to work.

ALL kinds of circumstances that the Departments MUST consider before denying someone a license.

...we already have enough people in prison.

Yep....check this one out. Dr. Gets his license back after being convicted of Billing Fraud. Amazing...!
Doctor convicted of felony gets his Missouri medical license back early : Lifestyles

I personally have met all kinds of people with different backgrounds get licensed. You can't generalize.

EX.

• I know a guy who has 2 DUI felonies, and got licensed to sell insurance.
  • I know someone who went to jail for a DRUG conviction (felon) and later became a Lawyer!
  • I know a girl who was involved in a Hold up of a Convenience Store (felon) and later got her insurance license.
  • I know an ATTORNEY who was convicted of 2 DUI's (felon) and still kept his law license. He also got his license to Drive back.
  • I know a guy who went to Jail for possession of Cocaine and served 2 yrs and then got out and after great effort, obtained his PC license and went on to get his LH license and even his Series 6.

I met these people working as a volunteer of the United Way. My hats off to these great people as they TURNED their life's around.

If someone makes a decision to change direction in their lifes and pick up the mantle and run...why should they be denied the right to pursue happiness?

If you deny someone their opportunity to obtain a license, you are basically denying them the right to work in their chosen profession. Barring any violations by that agency for prior offenses, there is no reason why someone should be denied the right to work.

ALL kinds of circumstances that the Departments MUST consider before denying someone a license.

...we already have enough people in prison.

Back