Can I Get a Full Release From My Contract if I Have Not Written

HawkeyeJ

Any business? I want to contract with a different agency that I wish I had found earlier. I have essentially done zero work for this company....other than signing all the paperwork a few weeks ago, buying E & O insurance, and buying some leads only to have them go unworked. This company seems content to have me just sit around and do nothing all day for over a month, and quite frankly, I'm just not down with that.

Re: Can I Get a Full Release From My Contract if I Have Not Writt

what line of insurance? Correct me if I am mistaken but with Health Insurance you would not need a release from your GA if you have not wrote any business. Now with most companies if you have wrote more then 2 apps then you would need a release from the GA. If you do not want to be there and spending your own money on leads then I dont see why a GA would want a person on his team if that person does not want to be there. I would approach the GA and say you want a release and see what the GA says..

Correct me if I am mistaken

since you asked so nicely, you are mistaken! The fact that you have not written business has nothing to do with the fact that you have a contract. You will need to get a release or wait XXX period of time with no production. The XXX is determined by the carrier.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Any business? I want to contract with a different agency that I wish I had found earlier. I have essentially done zero work for this company....other than signing all the paperwork a few weeks ago, buying E & O insurance, and buying some leads only to have them go unworked. This company seems content to have me just sit around and do nothing all day for over a month, and quite frankly, I'm just not down with that.

The company is not content to have you, and it sounds like would be dead weight to any company. By your own admition, you said you have purchased leads and did not work them and then you blame the company for having you sit around and do nothing? Wow! You must have loved the Welfare program, it sounds like you belong on a permanent version.

If you want to do something, then get off your behind and go do something. You know all those leads you purchased? They don't turn into sales unless YOU do something about it.

Last edited:

ouch!

um, just depends on the company.

I had one company just switch me to another IMO without a release ... others make you wait ...

It's not a big deal though ... there are a ton of companies to work under ... no sweat ...

Whatchya selling and what company are with, wasting leads and sitting on your behind? :) JK

Then we can all chime in with better companies and advice!

since you asked so nicely, you are mistaken! The fact that you have not written business has nothing to do with the fact that you have a contract. You will need to get a release or wait XXX period of time with no production. The XXX is determined by the carrier.
Wow, attack the guy who tried to help me, stay classy! Guess I know why you call yourself, “Thatguy.”

The company is not content to have you, and it sounds like would be dead weight to any company. By your own admition, you said you have purchased leads and did not work them and then you blame the company for having you sit around and do nothing? Wow! You must have loved the Welfare program, it sounds like you belong on a permanent version.

If you want to do something, then get off your behind and go do something. You know all those leads you purchased? They don't turn into sales unless YOU do something about it.

:DHahaha!!! I didn't feel like divulging the full details of my situation. You couldn't be further from the truth. It's comforting knowing that there are actually guys like you who will be my competition. Why would anyone want to buy insurance from you, if they had the choice? With blanket generalizations like that, I like my chances going up against you. I've seen it before. I apologize for stooping down to your level, but I couldn't resist. You can't even spell "admission" right. It's a little thing, but if anyone should be on permanent welfare that would be you. I have a solid, proven track record of having top sales (top 5%) every step of the way. The company showed me how to buy leads, that's nice. I'm new to this industry, I need training. Said agency doesn't have the time and weren't looking to bring new people in right now. It's a busy time of the year, yadda, yadda. I cold-called them up. Took two weeks before they even had me come in to fill out paperwork. Should only have taken a day IMHO. I keep asking what's next, everyday. It's just more wait and see. I have not even been provided a starting point!
The reason I'm not calling these leads I bought is because I don't want to provide a disservice to these customers, without fully knowing what product/carrier to provide them with, without even been given the tools or the direction needed to even provide such quotes, to submit apps, what medical q's to ask, etc, etc, etc...Why would I even try to submit any business with someone, when it's going to be more of the same, and I'll end up moving on anyways? Had I had even a month of prior experience in this particular industry I'd be calling them all day left and right and ordering more leads, the rest I could at least have a bead on and be able to figure out on my own. Since you said I am "dead weight" to this company, I am sure getting a full release should be no problem then, right? I'll tell them that this was the advice I was given, I have a feeling it won't be so easy.

ouch!

um, just depends on the company.

I had one company just switch me to another IMO without a release ... others make you wait ...

It's not a big deal though ... there are a ton of companies to work under ... no sweat ...

Whatchya selling and what company are with, wasting leads and sitting on your behind? :) JK

Then we can all chime in with better companies and advice!
Thanks for the advice. I've already talked to the right guy since I first posted this. I'm selling L&H, but I'd rather not name drop specific companies. I'm ready to get started right now!

Why is a release important from a contract? can't you broker with multiple GA's of different life carriers? I'm in the middle of getting brokered at Mass and Guardian.

Why is a release important from a contract? can't you broker with multiple GA's of different life carriers? I'm in the middle of getting brokered at Mass and Guardian.

Some companies allow dual appointments (North American, for instance, allows you to have a writing number with two different GAs). Other companies allow you to have a writing number with only one GA at a time, and if that GA screws you then you need a release to move your contract. For example, say you write with Assurity and you get angry at your GA. You don't want him to make overrides off of you anymore, or you can get better comp elsewhere, or whatever. You need a release to move your contract somewhere else.

Wow....get a clue. What a moron.

I love it when people change their story after being called out. Classic!

Do what you will, and change your story as many times as you want. You seem to forget that you are in independent contractor and if you want something done then you need to get off your behind and do it instead of being spoon feed. Your excuse of not knowing the business is completely moot, since every carrier I know of will do product training with you. You didn't know to call the carrier an ask? This from the man that claims to be in the top 5% of every sales industry - what a joke.

Tell you what fella, why don't you post your production report from the carrier after one year of being the business and I'll post mine and see which one of us has more production. No point in talking about my production with you, let's just show you instead. I may not be the biggest producer on here, but I can hold my own. And I do it because I get off my behind and go out to take the initiative to learn instead of waiting for my GA to do it for me. There's an old saying that goes something like, Those who are going to succeed are going to succeed anyway, and those who are going to fail are going to make excuses. Stop making excuses and go do something about it.

In my opinion, any GA who keeps an agent against their will is not proper. Unless the agent has a negative balance or a bad persistency, it is no reason to keep an agent that does not want to be there. It does not sound like your GA will be loosing anything if they let you go.

I am new to the insurance business, and become soooooo confused about what companies to trust. After reading this forum postings, there are so many who are unethical. I come from a career in Business Management, and am excited to make Insurance Sales a definate next step. I need some advice.

I got strongly pursuaded to sign up with Kyle Keator Agency, I didn't know they were an NAA Agency. This was before I read all the bad press about NAA on this forum. I never wrote any business, nor was ever contacted by the agency, Kyle Keater Agency in Ohio - after they constantly called me until I signed the contract. Keator suggested I sign up with Mutual of Omaha, I called them to see if they had me signed. I was told I needed to get released from the Superior Performance Company - I have never heard of this company.
Found out they are affiliated with the NAA Group. Called NAA and was rudely told I needed to email a Release Request to NAALeads.com. Immediately after I sent the email, I got a return email stating NAA would not sign transfer or release forms.

This email went on to say...all NAA carriers have a waiting period of 6 months to 12 months from contract date or last production. The carriers were listed as follows. FOR, ING, ATY, PHX, MON, MOO, BTL, and F & G. I have not idea who most of these abbreviations are. They never mentioned these carriers to me.

I really got myself into a fix, is there any way out, but waiting up to one year to work?

Back