Can I Get a Job Selling Accident and Health Insurance with Bad Credit ?

ACCC

I am getting my CA accident and health insurance license. Can I get hired or appointed to sell health, disability income or long term care insurance in CA with bad credit ? I have never had a bankruptcy. In 1996, I had some financial problems and had 2 credit cards and some medical bills that went into debt collection. I was on a bad check list during that time as well. I have cleared up my financial problems and my credit is OK now. Will my credit problems keep me from getting appointed by health insurance companies or hired ? Thanks, ACC

I think you can but may have to go as earned.

I don't need advances. I can work as earned. Do you know of good companies to start off with in CA for health insurance and disability income sales that would hire someone with bad credit? I know that United Health will not.

I am sure all states are different but here in FL that would not be an issue. I was able to get advances on my health sales but Assurity would only give me as earned for life sales.

You'll definitely want advances. unless you have other income sources. With some carriers you can choose 6 or 9 months. Just write good business and advances won't be much of an issue. Setting aside a percentage of your advances to cover the occasional charge-back makes good business sense though!

Also, your credit is probably better than you think it is. So don't settle for less than top contracts!

Latest posts

Back