Can I sell insurance with bad credit??

If one company wants you to clean your credit up, the next one more than likely will too. Why don't you guys try to clean your credit up yourselves? Some of that old info may no longer be able to be verified. Some of it may be inaccurate. I'd write some dispute letters and see what comes off. I've had success doing it for others.

Can I sell insurance with bad credit?

If you needed good credit to sell insurance this forum would be substantially higher than it is. Bad credit loans .:laugh:

The best way to have good credit is to use credit wisely. I have a nice home paid for by initially buying a home that I could easily afford, ate peanut and banana sandwiches and rice and beans and paid it off. Sold that house, put most of the money in on the new home, and paid it off. I had my first house paid off when I was 30 years old. Here's the way I did it: I had a job and my wife had a job. We only bought what we could afford to pay for with my income. We saved every dime she made.
That's the easiest way for a couple to accrue wealth, they have to work together. We have 2 credit cards, we use 1 of them for everything that we buy (groceries, gas, clothes, the phone bill,
the power bill, etc.) and pay it off at the end of every month.
We never carry a balance. So we never pay interest; but we do
get the reward points. Which I use. The other credit card is one
we got to use in Europe because the exchange rate charges weren't as high.
The point here is to use credit to your advantage. if you use it
wisely, you will have a good credit score. Unless you are starving to death, don't buy anything on a credit card that you
can't pay off when the monthly bill comes due.

Without binding authority, credit isn't as big an issue. Most P&C brokers don't have binding authority, so they get by with credit that isn't as good (most P&C agents still require decent credit).

The only companies that don't give me binding authority are the non-standard companies. I can bind insurance with a handshake and a smile as a broker. This is tru for up to about $500,000 in personal exposure or $1,000,000 in commercial.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If one company wants you to clean your credit up, the next one more than likely will too. Why don't you guys try to clean your credit up yourselves? Some of that old info may no longer be able to be verified. Some of it may be inaccurate. I'd write some dispute letters and see what comes off. I've had success doing it for others.

Or, here is a novel idea, pay the obligation that you promised to pay. I try not to judge individual experiences without the facts, but I would have a moral problem with taking from others and not giving back as you said. At least make it a goal. Big evil corporations employ normal people that lose their jobs b/c of bad debts and losses. You're not hurting "the man", but your friends and neighbors.

Last edited:
I doubt you will have any trouble - they usually just do a background check to make sure you don't have any criminal convictions as well as debt that is owed to the state that you have completely defaulted.

Back