Car Magnets

Interesting to see the comments on this post. I use car magnets. All of my agents use them as well. I also pay individuals to use them on their vehicles. I would say, on average, we get 10-15 leads a month from them. All of my staff are required to ask how a person heard about us when they call so that we know what is and is not working. Our magnets are not cheap so they tend to last quite a while. As long as they are bringing in business we will continue to use them.

Interesting to see the comments on this post. I use car magnets. All of my agents use them as well. I also pay individuals to use them on their vehicles. I would say, on average, we get 10-15 leads a month from them. All of my staff are required to ask how a person heard about us when they call so that we know what is and is not working. Our magnets are not cheap so they tend to last quite a while. As long as they are bringing in business we will continue to use them.

I agree that this may work in certain areas. I think it s up to the individual agent and how creative they can get with it. I love your idea how you pay others to drive with your car magnets. Great way to get some extra prospects

If I were going to use auto magnets I would advertise for auto/homeowners and submit the business to a local P&C guy for him/her. I could do a direct transfer right there on the spot or get their name and phone number (whatever) and someone from the office will call them back momentarily.

Once that is done I now have a potential prospect for things I do. I'd more or less just be acting as a lead generator. Once it's done you call back the customer with a customer satisfaction type survey and offer quotes/review for life, health, whatever.

I could see that working as long as no laws were violated.

Last edited:
This photo was in another thread. A car magnet with this picture and your phone number underneath might get some attention. Not sure it would pass compliance.
tombstone.jpg

I don't know if it truly worked but it really looked cool when we drove our jeep liberty around.

When I was a captive agent I went out and bought a jeep liberty to put a car wrap on and I wrapped the entire car from front bumper to back bumper. It looked pretty snazzy and was a nice tax break for the year to.

But to answer the question they problably don't get you ton of business knocking your doors down but it does build brand awareness.

Last edited:
...but it does build brand awareness.

Unless you've got the size budget that McDonalds, Coca Cola and others of their ilk have, spending your money building "brand awareness" is a HUGE waste of money and time.

Small businesses (including insurance agents) should use their marketing budgets solely on direct efforts that produce sales. Anything else is a waste of money.

Back