Career Changer With Lots of Questions

IJBurns

I'm looking to break into the industry but I don't have a clue as to where or how to begin. I've gone about as far as I can with Google regarding what licensing options are available to me in Texas, Test Prep, CE courses, but I haven't nailed down any specifics. I've also considered claims adjusting but only because I used to be in roofing sales and am already equipped with a small, narrow understanding of how that side of the business operates.

What is/are the most comprehensive book/s to begin reading and studying for the all-lines exam? Do I want an all-lines license? Should I acquire my license and start as a CSR with a large firm first? I don't officially have a bachelors degree because I did what a lot of music students do, quit school and begin their "dream careers" teaching and performing for scraps. Yeah right! I've been involved in music education and freelance performance for about 7 years and it seems most companies, i.e. State Farm, Liberty Mutual, etc, have a Bachelors degree requirement. What are the odds of obtaining my required licensing and education and then landing any kind of job in the industry without a degree?

I'm a fairly intelligent person who is ready for a real career that will provide financial security so that I can live a normal life. Hard work is not foreign to me and I desire to take whatever steps necessary to be as successful of a person as I can. If you've made it this far, thank you so much for your time. I genuinely appreciate it!

Back