Choosing an Agency (part Time)

I just left a MLM for insurance. Whatever you do, ask questions and READ THE CONTRACT.

If there is any inconsistency between what the contract says and what the recruiter has told you, leave. They are either lying to you or incompetent, either one will put you in a situation you dont want to be in.

Use the information you learn here to ask them some basic questions about insurance. My favorite? What can you offer me that another IMO or career agency like NorthWest Mutual, Mass Mutual, etc, can't? If they say 55% commission at entry level, who else would do that? Leave, because they know nothing. My upline actually told me that 25% was very high and nobody would pay me 80% to start off.

Ask them about marketing. If you are expected to recruit, marketing materials should be free. They have to DEVELOP you in order to move up themselves right? Where do you think the other 45%+ commission is going? Alot of MLM's dont have this mentality of developing you.

NY Life and Northwestern Mutual are both respected, high level organizations. The others you mentioned don't belong in the same conversation.

NY Life and Northwestern Mutual are both respected, high level organizations. The others you mentioned don't belong in the same conversation.

I would agree, I am just not in a position to work for one of those company's full time as they would require. New York Life actually gave me my first job offer out of college, but I opted to go with something that wasn't 100% commission-based.

Back