Church Members Prospecting

I write the group health insurance for two churches and have many clients who are believers. Never been an issue.

In fact, some of them think it's their job to brainwash me into believing in god. Makes for good conversation.

Rick
Forget the brainwashing, the world and your worship of the almighty dollar has already done that. You need a good soul washing to cleanse the inner man, man!

I quite a few churches as clients. Never did any of them ask me if I am believer. They just want the best possible deal with a good service to follow up. I have taken some of these accounts from agents that were members of the church.

The best case was when the decision maker said to me that "he prayed to Jesus and Jesus said to go with me"
The kicker is we did not share the same faith.

Writing life policies with the death benefit or part of it going to the church is a good thing. If the church allows you to prospect the flock you should give a nice contribution back.
That is usually how it works.

Back when, I was an agent for The Presbyterian Minister's Fund, the oldest life insurance company in America. It was subsequently absorbed by Provident Mutual. PM was in turn purchased by Nationwide. The main focus was to sell LI to ministers, but that was later expanded to clergy of all faiths. Then policies could be sold to all individuals, whether or not clergy. A fine old company.

Excellent idea Mark! I do this already with Hospitals and Universities. It's the same concept with any charity. As long as the client has a history of donation for the charity, then the charity has an insurable interest over the client and, with the client's permission, can obtain an insurance policy for the purpose of benefiting the charity.

I have a few carriers that will approve this already. Who are you using?

wow... It's great idea man...
;)

Is there any obstacles from other church members?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Excellent idea Mark! I do this already with Hospitals and Universities. It's the same concept with any charity. As long as the client has a history of donation for the charity, then the charity has an insurable interest over the client and, with the client's permission, can obtain an insurance policy for the purpose of benefiting the charity.

I have a few carriers that will approve this already. Who are you using?

Wow... it's great man...
I have the idea to prospecting to hospital and universities... But I have some questions...
1. How you start it?
2. Do you know the contact person at the hospital and university, or you just merely go to the hospital and university and bring a proposal for giving you time to talk? or are you just prospect the director and than they make it become a hospital or university program for the students or teachers?
3. Are you giving a commission for the director? (Sorry I asking about it because some people here giving like commission for the people who become "a Bridge"

Thanks pals for the answers.. ;)

Last edited:
I just got an offer where I would be responsible for selling insurance products to 30 churches in Atlanta. Trying to iron out some details. Sounds exciting though.

Back