Commitment Issues

The replies have been great. Thank you.

I agree that to some degree the profession doesn't go well with my personality, but that's only because selling requires much more assertion and confidence than I am used to. That's a personal development issue, and I'm not really talking about that.

I'm talking about the specific nature of being a life insurance professional. I have no intention of being a career insurance agent. I intend to become a financial professional of some sort, hopefully helping clients to plan and manage their wealth, and to properly manage risk, but that's a broader aspiration.

So what worries me, I guess, is that somehow I might end up stuck or limited. It's very likely an irrational fear, but I wanted to ask if this was common new agent sentiments and how to get over it.

I know. You said: "Just be glad there's not a 2 year waiting period before the full benefits click in."

So...which benefits would kick in in the 1st 2 years? Cooking...sex?:biggrin:

Ohhh...I thought you were being the "straight man". Well, actually the sex is normally good the first 2 years but the cooking stinks. Then by the time you get cut off they cook better soas they hope you won't notice. Then the kids start popping out every year or so, so then all you want to do is sleep and drink. Then by the time the kids are grown nothing works anymore anyway so then you decide to get into insurance for the excitement. Then..umm...

(looks up to see everyone staring)

Umm.......so I've heard. :goofy:

Ohhh...I thought you were being the "straight man". Well, actually the sex is normally good the first 2 years but the cooking stinks. Then by the time you get cut off they cook better soas they hope you won't notice. Then the kids start popping out every year or so, so then all you want to do is sleep and drink. Then by the time the kids are grown nothing works anymore anyway so then you decide to get into insurance for the excitement. Then..umm...

(looks up to see everyone staring)

Umm.......so I've heard. :goofy:

Hahaha...sorry to hear that. :)

Oh crap, now that I think about it that sounds familiar.:twitchy:

Back