Which Company to Go With?

Sorry for acting so stupid. I'm new to insurance sales (FE is my main interest). 30 years in sales mgmt in the car business. My question is: Is it ok and legal to sign with more than one IMO?

Also...I'm in CT. What would the pros on here recommend to work with? I could benefit from maybe product training, lead generation, etc. Not looking for hand holding.

Thank you for any help.

You can contract with as many IMO's as you want to...as long as they're not captive. Some of them do a little training and hand holding while selling you overpriced leads and taking up to 1/2 of your commissions. I've got contracts with 6 different IMO's and direct contracts with about that many.

If in doubt, run any IMO you're considering by the Forum before you sign. That's one of the benefits of being a member. You learn from other's mistakes.

Thanks very much for the info. I'm considering starting with just one for now, obviously until I get more comfortable /confident in doing this. So the ones I was looking at are Howe,FEX, Equita, and Securus. LH is captive, correct ? Is there any benefit at all, other than name recognition, to going with LH (as an agent) ?

Thanks very much for the info. I'm considering starting with just one for now, obviously until I get more comfortable /confident in doing this. So the ones I was looking at are Howe,FEX, Equita, and Securus. LH is captive, correct ? Is there any benefit at all, other than name recognition, to going with LH (as an agent) ?

You don't even want to consider LH! Securus has seen better days. I'm not sure about Howe. Equita is good, but they sell you leads and take a cut of your commissions. If you really don't need hand holding Fex would be the best of the one's you listed. There are other good ones.

I don't know your personality, but if you have that dominate, take charge,
head strong personality; I feel it is almost impossible to fail with FEX. The others you mentioned are crap.

I don't know your personality, but if you have that dominate, take charge, head strong personality; I feel it is almost impossible to fail with FEX. The others you mentioned are crap.

You are talking of things that you don't know about...yes the majority of the ones he mentioned are crap...but not all of them.

Back