Considering Mutual of Omaha

piper5633

Hi, I passed my 2-15 in September and recently passed my 2-20 exam in December.

I want to use both of my licenses. I worked for 3 years at a major brokerage firm in 4 parts their operations area including annuities and managed funds so I know the products, and I have 3 great years in medical sales so I can sell, but I need help with other areas with insurance.

I am looking at going with Mutual of Omaha (good name, products, culture etc.). But I don't want to be tied down only selling their products.

1. Will they let me sell P&C products with another firm, while I sell their products too?

2. How are they as far as treating their agents on residuals after 2 plus years, how do I insure that I keep my residuals going with them (I do understand that at any sales job we are at risk of loosing residuals)?

3. Are their agents are all captive, non-captive, brokers or independant?

I.E.
I want to be non-captive, but I do not think I am ready to be an independant agency. I don't have enough experience to open my own firm and do it all by myself off the my first year of selling insurance.

Please let me know if you can guide me a little towards the right course...

Thank you

Hi, I passed my 2-15 in September and recently passed my 2-20 exam in December.

I want to use both of my licenses. I worked for 3 years at a major brokerage firm in 4 parts their operations area including annuities and managed funds so I know the products, and I have 3 great years in medical sales so I can sell, but I need help with other areas with insurance.

I am looking at going with Mutual of Omaha (good name, products, culture etc.). But I don't want to be tied down only selling their products.

1. Will they let me sell P&C products with another firm, while I sell their products too?

2. How are they as far as treating their agents on residuals after 2 plus years, how do I insure that I keep my residuals going with them (I do understand that at any sales job we are at risk of loosing residuals)?

3. Are their agents are all captive, non-captive, brokers or independant?

I.E.
I want to be non-captive, but I do not think I am ready to be an independant agency. I don't have enough experience to open my own firm and do it all by myself off the my first year of selling insurance.

Please let me know if you can guide me a little towards the right course...

Thank you

Mutual of Omaha is a good company, good training and backend support, a little top heavy, when I was there back in 2002 did not have direct contact with underwriters, otherwise ok.

Mutual of Omaha really seems to care whether they do things right. Actuarially, and from a regulatory standpoint, they have always been excellent in their financial focus, actuarial analysis, and accuracy. (Just my opinion from 25 years of observation, in case actuarial excellence matters to you.)

I have been considering going back there as well. Anybody currently with them- with some insight would be appreciated. I think each state is a little different and each agency is run in a different management style, I think.

What is the latest -with all the people who get on here and ask about the career side with them? Need reports. Like I said, it was twenty years ago for me, times have definately changed.

Back