Current State of the State Farm Agency Opportunity?

FirstTimer

Expert
I'm currently in the SF agent candidate program. I'm in a heavily populated, growing area with a dense SF presence. Assuming I'm eventually offered, my intent is to take over an exiting agent's business (I realize I won't receive the entire book). I've read a lot of older negative reviews on here (and other sites) about the contract/lack of ability to make money (or worse) as a SF agent. The TICA04 and AA05 contracts are still in place, and they're still pushing financial services hard and assuming a high level of P&C. However, they're also still promoting the 80% new-agent success rate. I'd greatly appreciate any current insights.

I'm currently in the SF agent candidate program. I'm in a heavily populated, growing area with a dense SF presence. Assuming I'm eventually offered, my intent is to take over an exiting agent's business (I realize I won't receive the entire book). I've read a lot of older negative reviews on here (and other sites) about the contract/lack of ability to make money (or worse) as a SF agent. The TICA04 and AA05 contracts are still in place, and they're still pushing financial services hard and assuming a high level of P&C. However, they're also still promoting the 80% new-agent success rate. I'd greatly appreciate any current insights.

Can you sell your book of business at the end of the rainbow?

Without book ownership, SF sounds very scary.

When I was selling my Allstate agency, I got several calls per week
from SF agents whose contract was being terminated.

They were out on the streets with nothing but a lot of debt.

SF has "quotas" in many categories, which makes it very hard
to succeed. You can do well in some areas but do badly in an
area or two and they can and will let you go.

Back