Custom ID Badge?

Glen Shelton

Guru
1000 Post Club
Anyone else out there running into clients who are terrified of having their identity stolen/dealing with fraud and are nervous? I'm thinking I need to make my own photo ID badge and was wondering if I was crazy or if anyone else out there had done this already....

Yes make a custom one, that should put their mind at ease.
Oh great, this is your picture here, who issued this? The state?
No no, I made it at kinkos, that's my Facebook profile picture.

Yes make a custom one, that should put their mind at ease. Oh great, this is your picture here, who issued this? The state? No no, I made it at kinkos, that's my Facebook profile picture.

No smart ass, something more along the lines of a miniature version of my producer license which, believe it or not was issued by the state.

I laminated an 8.5 x 11 color copy of my state license.

It's easier to hand to someone to read than trying to make it into some kind of phony badge.

I carry a laminated copy of my license in my briefcase to show if asked. I've been asked once in two years.

No smart ass, something more along the lines of a miniature version of my producer license which, believe it or not was issued by the state.

He kind of has a point though. If they ask where you got it, what are you going to say?

If you're getting that much questioning you might also rethink your approach. You might want to take a look at the way you're presenting. Odds are anything you bring with you would at best take the edge off, but getting the warm-up done correctly should put most of that to bed. I can't think of a reason why it's a bad idea to bring a copy of your license, but you might be trying to solve a leaky faucet with a nail gun when you need a wrench.

Tennessee provides a wallet size copy of the license.. I carry mine in my wallet but no one has ever asked to see it.

Some of the FE guys wear a name tag they have made up with their photo on one side and a copy of their license on the reverse.. I doubt anyone has ever asked any of them where they got the thing. :skeptical:

Tennessee provides a wallet size copy of the license.. I carry mine in my wallet but no one has ever asked to see it.

Some of the FE guys wear a name tag they have made up with their photo on one side and a copy of their license on the reverse.. I doubt anyone has ever asked any of them where they got the thing. :skeptical:

Ditto on this except mine's from Illinois.

Anyone else out there running into clients who are terrified of having their identity stolen/dealing with fraud and are nervous? I'm thinking I need to make my own photo ID badge and was wondering if I was crazy or if anyone else out there had done this already....

I saw someone had one before and thought it was the stupidest idea. I was wrong so I made one with my pic and license info. Very effective. I show it at the door while introducing myself and I noticed that many times, the prospect will glance at it while we sit around the table.

It gives the notion of someone with authority

Back