Designing an Accumulating UL For A Toddler?

AboutThatLife

Guru
100+ Post Club
Is there a way to design a UL for a toddler for good accumulation? I've been fidgeting, but it seems that the COI for a child is so low at that age that in order to build any type of value, you have to start with a sky high DB.

By the time the child reaches 20 ready to withdraw for college, you've put $20K in and only made 2-3K.

Is there a way to design a UL for a toddler for good accumulation? I've been fidgeting, but it seems that the COI for a child is so low at that age that in order to build any type of value, you have to start with a sky high DB.

By the time the child reaches 20 ready to withdraw for college, you've put $20K in and only made 2-3K.

I have to ask is this a case you are working on or is this just mental maturation.

I have to ask is this a case you are working on or is this just mental maturation.

A combination of both. I'm trying to find my cousin a plan to put her son into. Trying to figure out which option is best for funding his college and providing him an asset he can use later in life without her having to worry about market volatility.

After crossing out the UL as a choice, I want to see what a big mutual looks like. Unfortunately, I dont have access to any illustration software for one.

Last edited:
A combination of both. I'm trying to find my cousin a plan to put her son into. Trying to figure out which option is best for funding his college and providing him an asset he can use later in life without her having to worry about market volatility.

After crossing out the UL as a choice, I want to see what a big mutual looks like. Unfortunately, I dont have access to any illustration software for one.

Got it.

Just seems like you may be doing a lot of "Get on your mark, Get Ready" and not getting to the "GO!" While a IUL plan for a tot my be interesting, it will not pay a mortgage.

Why not look at the Gerber products that are out there?

The Grow-Up® Plan
Apply from 14 days to 14 years of age
$5,000 - $50,000 of coverage
Coverage automatically doubles
Builds cash value.

Gerber Life College Plan
Guaranteed payout of $10K to $150K
Affordable fixed payments
Stable growth that never loses value
Flexibility to use the money

Why not look at the Gerber products that are out there?

The Grow-Up® Plan
Apply from 14 days to 14 years of age
$5,000 - $50,000 of coverage
Coverage automatically doubles
Builds cash value.

Gerber Life College Plan
Guaranteed payout of $10K to $150K
Affordable fixed payments
Stable growth that never loses value
Flexibility to use the money

Is this really better than putting him in a mutual WL? If it is I'll suck it up and take Gerber's 25% commission with no renewals :/

Back