Door to Door sales

twcbrandon

I'm just getting into the insurance business, although my dad has been an agent for over 30 years. He built his business by cold calling on the phone. I'm not opposed to that but I think I might like other methods better. I'm not going to be able to just buy his business and have a lucrative income, because he sold the majority of his business about 10 years ago, so no he is just doing it for extra money above and beyond his retirement income.

The last 12 years I've been selling various products door to door. No matter what the product is I've been successful selling it. When I mean successful I'm talking about averaging $50 an hour per door to door hour worked. Of course being in the door to door business for so long I've figured out what products are best to sell and with my contacts I get top commission with zero supervision.

Not to brag but I've been taught by some highly successful salesman that put many hours of selling in theirself, so when they would teach me something it worked in reality not just in theory.

Also, I have studied many aspects of selling and tried them over the years.

I don't think I'm good as I could be, but I'm solid when its comes to door to door.

Now, that you know my background my questions is ((( Having you tried selling insurance door to door?)))

If you have tried selling insurance door to door, how many hours did you do it for? What time of the day did you do it? What were the demographics? What was your pitch or introduction? Did it work or not?

I'm talking about selling P&C.

I'm just getting into the insurance business, although my dad has been an agent for over 30 years. He built his business by cold calling on the phone. I'm not opposed to that but I think I might like other methods better. I'm not going to be able to just buy his business and have a lucrative income, because he sold the majority of his business about 10 years ago, so no he is just doing it for extra money above and beyond his retirement income.

The last 12 years I've been selling various products door to door. No matter what the product is I've been successful selling it. When I mean successful I'm talking about averaging $50 an hour per door to door hour worked. Of course being in the door to door business for so long I've figured out what products are best to sell and with my contacts I get top commission with zero supervision.

Not to brag but I've been taught by some highly successful salesman that put many hours of selling in theirself, so when they would teach me something it worked in reality not just in theory.

Also, I have studied many aspects of selling and tried them over the years.

I don't think I'm good as I could be, but I'm solid when its comes to door to door.

Now, that you know my background my questions is ((( Having you tried selling insurance door to door?)))

If you have tried selling insurance door to door, how many hours did you do it for? What time of the day did you do it? What were the demographics? What was your pitch or introduction? Did it work or not?

I'm talking about selling P&C.

What are some of the other things you have sold?

I will then be able to us my vast knowledge to determine how successful you will be. NOT!!!!! This is a totally different ball game; lets compare Bible Salesman to Insurance professional, I am sorry but I do not see the common denominator.

:nah:

Great movie.

Interesting you should mention Bible salesmen. Some of the most successful agents I know were once with Southwestern Publishing. They went door to door selling the big "coffee table" Bibles while working their way through college.

Different time, different era . . .

I can see BUSINESS door to door working, but not residential.

Heck, I don't even let the Jehovah's Witness or magazine solicitors in, much less an insurance salesman.

I am not a P&C agent, but I suppose it has some merit and would work calling on businesses. If personal lines, you would probably do just as well (if not better) by leaving a card, especially if it took them to a website.

When I first got started in this business. I worked door to door. Back in those days, it really worked well. It was very different back then.

I've never heard of a p&c agent going door to door.

But some agents can make anything work. Some people just have the gift of talking their ways into homes.

My suggestion:

Find a really cute girl scout. Ask her parents if they don't mind earning $100 the hard way - that you're going to pimp their daughter out for insurance policies in the neighborhood.

Ring the doorbell. Have her in front. When they answer the door, have her look at them with those puppy dog eyes, then you move in front, and start your presentation.

I mean, after all, the Girl Scouts are the #1 door to door selling team, aren't they?

Find a really cute girl scout. Ask her parents if they don't mind earning $100 the hard way -

You really had me going, #2.

I was just about to see if your name was in the sex offender registry or if you were on the AMW website.

Latest posts

Back