Farm Bureau - Agent Opportunities

blackhammockcat

Florida
Anyone with experience with the Farm Bureau agent opportunity?

How is their training and support?

How does it compare to the other captive opportunities?

Do you start from scratch or do they give you a block of business?

They will code a book of P&C business to you which will generate about 20-25k. They will give you a monthly sign on check for 1-2 years if you are hitting your numbers (selling life and health insurance). Big thing with FB is life and health insurance. They train relatively well from what I hear. Good opportunity if you can sell life and health.......

What state are you in? Farm Bureau varies how they do things from state to state. In my state, they are coming out with a brand new contract in January.

I have a friend that work for Farm Bureau and runs a local office and loves it. I've heard a lot of good things about them.

I had a friend about 8 or 9 years ago who was a Farm Bureau agent. He was good friiends with the Farm Bureau district manager who I also knew and didn't particulay like but I never let him know as much. One day they looked me up and offered me an office in a near by town of about 50,000 people nearby. They had it all planned out. I was to move into an already established FB office and inherit a book of business paying 35,000 a year. Sounded pretty good getting 35,000 dollars plus commisions I have to admit. Just the same I told them I would have to think about it for a couple of weeks. I waited until the following sunday when it was about 8am in the morning and drove up to that FB office I was about to inherit. It was quiet that early sunday morning with nobody around and I just sat in front of that office for about 10 minutes looking at it. Then I got out of my car and walked up and stared through the window. Yea it was an insurance office alright. It looked like the last agent had left pretty quich he even left most of his ffurniture and desk and the clock on the wall and calander and even a gumball machine! Standing right there right then I had abd feeling in the pit of my stomach about how that last agent had worked so hard to build that agency and then because of faults of his own or maybe even no fault of his own he was fired and ran out of there. And the thought of someone else bad luck becoming my good luck for nothing just sickened me. Screw this B.S I thought as I stared thorugh that window I'm doing fine with my own little office and I don't have to worry about some joker like this Farm Bureua district manager showing up one day and firing me. So I just stayed Independent and stayed happy. Now my friend the District manager ends up retiring from his job at fb due to a disability about a year ago. And wouldnt you know it my other friend who was a FB agent was sitting in his office about 6 months later and the new Farm Bureau agent shows up at his office with another manager about 10am in the morning. The new FB manager walks into his office with a big white envelope and throws on my friends desk and says your fired. The district manager grabs all his computers and loads them up in his truck and tells my friend to vacate the office. My friend was told he would not be recieving anymore commissions and that they would take him to court if he tried to contact any of there customers. Needless to say my friend did rewrite alot of Farm Bureaus book and they threatened to take him to court but so far they have not. Sure glad I never messed with Farm Bureau!

Yoda, that is quite a story. Sounds like you made the right decision. Thanks for sharing.

Back