Feedback on Three Companies, Please

thuban

Expert
I am 99% on my way to selling insurance. I am considering three companies. One is SCI, which sells pre-planned funerals funded by insurance. One is selling Final Expense with Howe Insurance Services. And, one is American Income Life.
I would appreciate any info or feedback on the companies, as well as the products.

Thanks,

I am 99% on my way to selling insurance. I am considering three companies. One is SCI, which sells pre-planned funerals funded by insurance. One is selling Final Expense with Howe Insurance Services. And, one is American Income Life. I would appreciate any info or feedback on the companies, as well as the products. Thanks,

Here is all you need to know about AIL: Experience with American Income Life?.

As far as SCI is concerned Newby knows all about SCI.

I have never heard of Howe.

Most insurance agent-minded people will not do well with SCI.

They are a funeral company and want you to do a LOT of service things that have nothing to do with selling insurance. They pay a small salary and small bonuses if you meet quotas.

If you really want to get into funeral pre-need you could learn the business from them and then go work for an independently owned funeral home.

You will have MUCH better opportunity with an independent. The independents will usually not hire you unless you already have worked in the funeral business or want to become a funeral director.

The Howe group would be the better choice. I would look up some of the people on this forum though before you sign with them. Travis Tubbs (Hoosier Daddy) would be a great choice.

FE is definitely the niche that appeals to me, but I'm not licensed, yet. My background is in real estate.
I've been looking for a sales job and saw an ad for a FE salesman. I was immediately interested.
A few days later, I also responded to an ad for SCI.
I found this forum and feel very lucky, as I had no other objective source for information. I've learned a lot already about the FE business and the way it's worked.

Back