Final Expense Companies

Good morning

I am totally new to this. I have my license and I want to start. I have to start part time, until I can leave my full time position. What is the best way to do this? I have started talking to Equita Final Expense. I would think some companies that have leads and contract you, would be a great place to start. Any tips for the new guy? Please. Steve

You're talking to the right people. I started at Equita on the brokerage side buying aged leads until I made enough cash to get on their lead program. Who are you talking to at Equita?

Hi sidtig, I am right there with you, good luck. I will be following your thread as I am curious to see if I can use the knowledge I spent the last four months collecting is going to be useful in an insurance career or not, already have left the first company I started with. Lots of offers, put queries in this forum, good source
of information.

I would do what FE4U did. Get with EFES on wholesale and buy aged leads. Get practice on the cheap and when you get it down move to retail and their lead program.

I think starting with EFES on the brokerage program and buying aged leads sounds like a good idea. I signed on with another company, paid for their telemarketed leads, and now can not get them delivered to me as they promised. So, be very careful. I am also starting part time, and the company I signed on with seemed like a good fit at the time. Kind of wishing I would have done the EFES thing now. Good luck to you, let us know how it goes.

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for replies. I am talking to a man named Chase. Seemed very knowledgeable. No pressure. Really has been patient so far with all my dumb questions. I looked at NAA or whatever their name was. That seemed like a total scam. Didn't know about aged leads. That makes big time sense. Please, keep the guidance coming. Steve

Well I'm new to FE too. I thought a lot about going with equita, but for the lead program you would have to buy 15 leads minimum every week. The broker side an aged leads might not be a bad idea.

Personally, I went with another IMO to get bigger contracts. Not as much training so you have to judge for yourself how much you will need. I have been in sales 10 years so I just need to learn the product/presentation. A lot of great FE guys are willing to help us newbies.

I just started out this week cold calling with a list and a dialer. I've got 11 prospects so far. Telemarketing isn't fun, but its cheap. I'm gonna pitch these leads and once I get my presentation/product down ill start paying for leads or maybe just pay someone hourly to make the same type of cold calls I'm doing now. We'll see.

I think I am just going to buy a list and door knock myself. Seems like a better idea to me than paying hundreds of dollars for leads you may or may not receive. Plus, if you are doing this part time, you have more control of how you manage your time this way. I am sure this is more time consuming, but less risk, as you aren't depending on someone else to develop leads for you.

Hi everyone!

Thank you so much for replies. I am talking to a man named Chase. Seemed very knowledgeable. No pressure. Really has been patient so far with all my dumb questions. I looked at NAA or whatever their name was. That seemed like a total scam. Didn't know about aged leads. That makes big time sense. Please, keep the guidance coming. Steve

Chase is the marketer that I work with at EFES also. He has followed up on everything he said he would do for me. I met him personally when he came to Pittsburgh and he is a good guy.

If you are starting part time the broker side is the way to go. When you are on the lead program you have to take a minimum of 15 leads, which could be too much if your time is limited.

I have received my leads on time every week as promised with EFES.

I signed up with them. Can't thank all of you enough. I called and emailed Chase a few more times with questions. He should run when I call. Very patient with me. So far, I would send anyone their way.

Back