Full Line Agent Inside A Car Dealership

"A lot of americans work for under $10/hour, this would be a raise for them."
A lot of Americans are satisfied being mired in mediocrity too.

"A lot of americans work for under $10/hour, this would be a raise for them."
A lot of Americans are satisfied being mired in mediocrity too.

I'm not disagreeing with that. The reality is not everyone can go out and be an independent agent, in fact, most people aren't cut out to do it. Most people need more structure and want a reliable paycheck.

Let's also not forget qualifications. Making $12/hour is about all some people can reasonably expect to make.

What's the reason most agents fail? My guess is in reality it has less to do with not getting in front of enough people and more to do with the fact that recruiters will give anyone with a pulse a pitch that selling insurance is easy money and they're infinitely less concerned with finding people that are actually capable of doing the job successfully. Of course not being able to get in front of people in terms of leads or having a garbage contract also puts them at a disadvantage, but again, some people just aren't cut out to be self-employed and/or in sales.

I personally know 3 people who are agents within large dealerships. These are 3 large volume dealerships on Long Island. One person was so successful they opened up in a 2nd dealership ON THE SAME BLOCK!! They sell on average between 80-120 auto policies PER MONTH. Now, they do not own the book. They are considered "managers" but with an average auto policy ranging between 600-1200 for 6 months, they're looking at an additional $4200-$8400 per month at 7% commission.

The owner of the dealership actually owns the book of business in this example. Average growth of these books is over $2 million per year. Big $$$ for the guys with big $$$.

Back