Futurity First?

IndyAgentIDTMY

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I received an email from Futurity First yesterday attempting to recruit me as an agent.

I'm not really interested, but I am curious to here if anyone here has heard of them or have any experiences to share?

They are a new FMO. Most of the managers are x- united american branch managers. the owner is the former president at Bankers life. I have talked to a few of there agents who have trouble getting paid in a timely manner. they may have solved this problem but i doubt it. they have a website if you google the name.

If you're not interested, why bother?

Was just curious about them and wanted to know if anyone had any insight.

They actually called me this morning, so I quickly listened to their pitch. They have their own "proprietary selling system" (who doesn't!) and said they provide leads, commission based, etc....all standard stuff.

My concerns were that I was told A) you have to bring your book with you, and B) convert your book to their products.

Also, when I asked if it was a "captive" arrangement, they gave me a little song-and-dance about it but never really answered my question.

This may be good for some, but not for me. I can't speak for everyone, but I certainly wont ever hand over my book of business for free based upon some ambiguous promises!

I posted something about them recently. Last week I think. I know the guy who is heading up one of their offices so we talked quite frankly.

It's prob good training for a newbie because they hit a variety of prods and your mgr will help you sell. They have a nice call center so you can call your leads and set appts. Leads are a mixture of maybe some telemktg, mail in's or requests, and general letters sent out to an area that you follow up on. Again....nothing new...same o...same o that everyone else is doing. Seems like they want to concentrate on supplemental to small business....commissions start at 50% and go up based on production. They have frequent contests

I would not share my book of business....that is already establilshed by you to service anyway. But if working with a team revitalizes you....and keeps you focused....go for it. Your job should be fun...and a good team makes it fun. Ask this mgr if you could sit in on a mtg. (gives you a chance to look over the usual suspects..lol)

Recently here in Oklahoma, an ex branch manager for UA went to work for them and has been trying to do some heavy recruiting in Tulsa. He is offering a 12% assurant and GR contract and a 50% life ins. contract....YIKES!!! haha... I guess if he can find a few newbies or lost souls he'll make a ton of money...

What a joke........They claim to be the FIRST career indy agency.................That is like Al Gore saying that he invented the internet............LOL

I know Ed Berube; a decent guy, but does not have a clue. He has always been on the corporate side of this business.

Considering he was in charge of Conseco; which filed for debt consolidation bankruptcy, during his run. And then went to be the CEO of Bankers Life........

Bankers Life and Casualty; is there anything else that needs to be said about this company..........LOL

You have it right; do not waste your time.

Recently here in Oklahoma, an ex branch manager for UA went to work for them and has been trying to do some heavy recruiting in Tulsa. He is offering a 12% assurant and GR contract and a 50% life ins. contract....YIKES!!! haha... I guess if he can find a few newbies or lost souls he'll make a ton of money...

You're wrong about the commission percentages, they're higher than that. They also hire few if any newbies. They don't mass recruit so I doubt he's doing "heavy" recruiting. They actually limit the number of new hires allowed. Agents are employees who actually receive benefits so I can't imagine them putting out the money to provide such to mass recruits.

Not sure if you ever found out more about Futurity First, but I'd love to hear from you if you've found out more. I'm looking to work with them, but I'm not sold yet. Below are my pros and cons.

The areas that I find attractive with Futurity First are the following:
1) Local Support, Training, and marketing
2) Solution based selling that is focused on clients needs first
3) Product portfolio is solid, but they don't include every carrier under the sun, only a select group of top rated companies.
4) Expanding my current sales knowledge beyoned major med and life to include med supp, annuities, and LTC/DI.
5) Focus on career agents:matching 401K, 50/50 split on health insurance, and they pay half of FICA as well as take care of all other taxes for typical w-2 wages.
6) They pay E/O
7) They help pay for leads, etc.

The areas that I'm questioning about the opportunity are:
1)Commissions are extremely low (eventhough they pay 50% for all business on submit except health)
2)I will be captive to their carriers, and there are other good companies to work with.
3)I'm not sure that my part-time status with them will yield the results I want. (they are willing to let me work with them at 20-25 hrs./wk.; but I'm a full-time associate minister; there may be weeks where I can't put that much time in, and when you take into consideration going from a 20% to 22% commission rate on health to 14% to 17% with them, I'm not sure that this is the smartest decision; plus my life commissions will drop by about 40%)

Back